Chapter 8

Their eyes locked, a silent battle of wills commencing. Dominic, the seasoned business king, held his ground, his expression a mask of calculated indifference. Vivienne, the runaway queen, met his gaze with a steady, unwavering stare. Her posture was confident, her demeanor composed, but a flicker of something else, perhaps amusement or challenge, danced in her eyes.

"Mr. Voss," Vivienne began, her voice smooth and controlled, "It's a pleasure to meet you in person....Again" she emphasized the word with a hint of sarcasm making Dominic chuckle. 

Dominic inclined his head, a subtle acknowledgment of her greeting. "Likewise, Miss Black. Your company is impressive."

Lucas and Aisha exchanged amused glances. They knew this was going to be a show.

"Thank you," Vivienne replied, her tone cordial. "Please, have a seat."

As Dominic and Vivienne settled into a tense standoff, Lucas couldn't resist a playful glance at Aisha. Her eyes, a captivating shade of hazel, met his with a spark of amusement. There was an instant connection, a silent understanding that transcended the professional setting. It was a game, a dance of flirtation that played out beneath the surface of the serious business meeting. Aisha playfully rolled her eyes at him, smirking. Lucas chuckled, which was obvious to Dominic. Without taking his eyes off Vivienne, Dominic addressed his dear best friend, "What are you laughing at?" Lucas quickly zipped his mouth. "Oh, nothing!"

Dominic, oblivious to the undercurrent between Lucas and Aisha, focused his attention on Vivienne. There was something about her that captivated him, a magnetic aura that pulled him in despite his attempts to maintain a professional demeanor.

"So, Dominic," Vivienne began, breaking the silence, "I understand you have a proposal for a potential partnership."

Dominic leaned forward, his eyes never leaving Vivienne's. "Indeed, Miss Black. A partnership between Voss Enterprises and Black Cosmetics could be mutually beneficial."

As the business discussion unfolded, the undercurrent of tension between Dominic and Vivienne remained palpable. Lucas and Aisha, however, found shared amusement in the spectacle. Their eyes continued to meet, engaging in a silent conversation that stood in stark contrast to the serious tone of the meeting.

"I believe our companies share a similar vision," Dominic continued, his voice low and persuasive. "We could create something truly extraordinary together."

Vivienne raised an eyebrow, her expression carefully neutral. "Perhaps. But I'm a cautious businesswoman, Mr. Voss. I need to be convinced that this partnership is the right move for me and Black Cosmetics."

Dominic let out a deep chuckle. "Well, here's a deal: you model for my clothing while wearing Black Cosmetics. Both our companies get promoted, along with your reputation."

Vivienne's eyebrows shot up in surprise. She wasn't expecting that. "Oh really?"

Dominic leaned back, a smirk playing on his lips. "I know, but it would be a perfect opportunity to showcase the synergy between our brands. Imagine the buzz it would create."

Lucas and Aisha exchanged amused glances. This was getting interesting.

"And what about you?" Vivienne asked, her voice laced with skepticism as she reached for her water bottle, perhaps to quench her thirst from the intimidating aura of the business tycoon. "What's in it for you?"

"Exposure, of course," Dominic replied, observing her movements with his large hand resting under his chin. "And the satisfaction of seeing a beautiful woman wear my designs."

Dominic's statement made Vivienne choke on her water, and she started to cough.

Vivienne's face turned a bright shade of crimson as she struggled to regain her composure. Her eyes, wide with shock, darted between Dominic and her water glass. Lucas and Aisha exchanged amused glances, their laughter muffled by their hands.

Finally, Vivienne managed to catch her breath. "You...you're serious?" she managed to choke out.

Dominic leaned forward, his eyes glinting with amusement. "Absolutely. It's a win-win situation, don't you think?"

Vivienne couldn't help but smile at his audacity. "You're quite the salesman, Mr. Voss."

"Call me Dominic," he replied, a playful glint in his eye.

"And you can call me Vivienne," she countered.

There was a moment of electric tension between them as their gazes locked. Lucas and Aisha exchanged knowing looks. They could feel the chemistry between Dominic and Vivienne, and it was undeniable.

"So, Vivienne," Dominic continued, breaking the silence, "are you interested in this proposal?"

Vivienne hesitated. The idea of modeling for Dominic's clothing line was certainly tempting, but she was also wary of the potential backlash.

"I'll think about it," she said finally.

Dominic nodded, satisfied with her response. "I hope you do. We could create something truly spectacular together."

The meeting continued, but the undercurrent of tension between Dominic and Vivienne lingered. "I'm honored if you're thinking of me more than our deal," Dominic said, grinning flirtatiously.

"Don't flatter yourself, Mr. Voss!" Vivienne shot back, turning to look at him while she tucked her water bottle into her bag.

Dominic leaned closer to her, smiling softly. "Sorry, Angel, I can't help myself."

Vivienne's heart skipped a beat as Dominic leaned closer, his breath warm against her skin. She could feel her cheeks burning, a blush creeping up her neck. The intensity of the moment was electric, and she couldn't look away.

"Angel, huh?" Vivienne managed to say, her voice barely a whisper.

Dominic smirked. "It suits you."

Lucas and Aisha, observing the growing tension between their friends, exchanged amused glances. ""I don't know how this idiot turned from Mr. Ice Cube to Mr. Charmer at the sight of Miss Black," Lucas whispered to Aisha, eliciting a chuckle from her. 

Just as the moment was about to escalate further, a sharp knock on the door interrupted them. The door swung open to reveal a young, nervous-looking guard. "Excuse me, Mr. Voss there's an urgent call for you," the guard said, her voice trembling slightly.

Dominic and Vivienne exchanged a glance before turning their attention to the guard. "Send it through," Dominic said, his voice regaining its authoritative tone, he had left his phone with George.

The guard nodded and left, closing the door behind her. "I'll be right back," he said, hanging up the phone. He stood up and walked over to Vivienne. "I'm afraid I have to take this. Something urgent has come up."

Vivienne nodded understandingly. "Of course. I'll be here."

Dominic gave her a brief, intense look before turning and leaving the room. As soon as the door closed behind him, Vivienne let out a long exhale. She felt a mix of emotions - disappointment, anticipation, and a strange sense of excitement.

George stood near the limousine, holding Dominic's phone as he waited for him, holding the call. He knew that when it came to Dominic's secret identity, even trivial matters were significant. "What happened?" Dominic asked, rushing toward George and grabbing his phone.

"It seems Hector is putting on a show," George replied. Dominic smirked. "As if he could mess with Viper!"

Dominic answered the call from one of his gang members. "I'm on my way," he said before ending the call, suppressing an evil chuckle. "George, let's grab Lucas and go." As he turned around, a vicious smirk already crossed Dominic's face. "Time to pay Hector a visit!"