20.

The morning sun cast long shadows over Seoul as the city began to awaken, the hum of traffic and distant chatter of early risers filtering through the open window

Inside the spacious apartment, Seungcheol sat quietly at the breakfast table, stirring his cup of coffee absentmindedly.

Today was the anniversary of his parents' death, a day that loomed large in his mind with a mixture of sorrow and reflection.

It had been years since the accident, but the pain of their loss never truly faded.

On this day every year, Seungcheol made it a tradition to visit the cemetery, a ritual that offered him a sense of closeness to his parents, a way to honor their memory and feel their presence, if only for a little while.

Across the table, Jeonghan was reading the morning paper, occasionally glancing up to check on Seungcheol.

Over the past few months, since their contract marriage began, Jeonghan had learned to recognize the subtle shifts in Seungcheol's mood.

He knew today was particularly difficult for him, a silent weight that he carried alone.

After a few moments of contemplative silence, Seungcheol cleared his throat, breaking the quiet that enveloped them.

His voice was soft, almost hesitant, as if he were carefully choosing his words.

"Jeonghan,"

He began, setting his coffee cup down and looking across the table at him.

"Would you like to come with me to the cemetery today?

I know it's not the most pleasant way to spend a morning, but...I'd appreciate the company."

Jeonghan set down the newspaper, folding it neatly as he regarded Seungcheol with a gentle smile.

The sincerity in Seungcheol's request was clear, and Jeonghan felt a surge of empathy for the man who rarely let his vulnerabilities show.

"Of course, Seungcheol. I'd be honored to go with you."

He replied, his voice warm with understanding.

The relief on Seungcheol's face was palpable, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Having Jeonghan accompany him felt like a comforting balm, a way to share the burden of his grief with someone who seemed to genuinely care.

After breakfast, they prepared to leave, Seungcheol carefully selecting a bouquet of fresh flowers to take with him.

The drive to the cemetery was quiet, filled with the gentle hum of the car and the distant sounds of the city.

As they approached the cemetery, a sense of solemnity settled over them, the weight of the occasion pressing down with each passing moment.

They parked the car and walked towards the gravesite, the air heavy with the scent of blooming flowers and freshly cut grass.