33.

A few weeks had passed since Jeonghan and Seungcheol's relationship took a step beyond the constraints of their contract

Their newfound closeness was palpable, both to them and to those around them.

It was as though the world had finally aligned to reflect the feelings they had been harboring for so long.

However, with any relationship, especially one that had grown under such unique circumstances, there were bound to be ups and downs.

It was one of those downs that seemed to grip the couple on this particular day.

Jeonghan awoke feeling a strange heaviness in the air, an unexplainable tension that seemed to cling to the edges of his consciousness.

Seungcheol lay beside him, eyes closed in a restless sleep. Jeonghan watched him for a moment, a small frown creasing his brow.

Seungcheol usually woke up with a lazy smile, often wrapping his arms around Jeonghan in a morning hug.

But today, he turned away, muttering something under his breath.

Jeonghan sighed and slipped out of bed quietly, deciding not to disturb Seungcheol's slumber.

As he made his way to the kitchen, he tried to shake off the unease.

Maybe it was just one of those days, he reasoned, where the weight of the world seemed a bit more noticeable.

But deep down, he knew it was more than that. Something was bothering Seungcheol, and that was making him grumpy.

The morning progressed with a strange tension.

Seungcheol eventually emerged, looking bleary-eyed and distracted. Jeonghan greeted him with a cup of coffee, hoping to bridge the distance he felt.

"Good morning."

Jeonghan said, forcing a smile as he placed the steaming mug on the table.

Seungcheol nodded, offering a half-hearted smile.

"Morning."

He replied, though his tone was lacking its usual warmth. He took the cup but didn't seem particularly interested in drinking it.

Jeonghan watched him for a moment, trying to gauge the situation.

"You okay?"

He asked, keeping his voice light and casual.

"Yeah, just... tired."

Seungcheol muttered, rubbing his temples. His words were clipped, as if there was something more he wanted to say but was holding back.

Jeonghan felt a flicker of irritation. He had known Seungcheol long enough to recognize when something was off, and Seungcheol's behavior was definitely off today.