Chapter 10

"Ma'am, you have a guest," my secretary's voice pulled me out of the mountain of paperwork on my desk.

I massaged my temples, feeling the exhaustion weigh heavily on me. With a deep sigh, I looked up, my gaze serious. "Didn't I tell you to reschedule all my appointments today? I have too much to do to see anyone right now."

She bit her lower lip and scratched her head, clearly uneasy. "I tried, ma'am, but Miss Morin insisted on waiting outside-ahh!" She squealed, startled by my sudden movement.

"Who's... waiting?" I stuttered, disbelief mixing with a rush of excitement and nerves. My knees felt weak as the reality of her words set in.

"Miss... Morin?" she replied, puzzled by my reaction. But her response immediately brought a wide grin to my face.

"Why didn't you say so sooner!" I exclaimed, quickly straightening my appearance.

"But... you said you were busy... Why-?" she began, her hands gesturing in confusion as she tried to make sense of my sudden enthusiasm.

"Don't worry, I'm not that busy," I assured her, practically buzzing with energy. "Where is she?"

I was so eager that I nearly dashed out of my office, but I forced myself to keep it cool, despite the excitement bubbling inside me.

"Relax, Jane. Don't act like an obsessed puppy," I muttered to myself, trying to calm the whirlwind of emotions inside. I forced myself to walk normally, though my heart was racing with excitement at the news.

As I approached the waiting area, my eyes found Yana sitting comfortably, and all the excitement I'd tried to contain erupted at the sight of her. "Hi, love! What brings you here?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady despite the butterflies in my stomach.

Yana looked up, a bit surprised by my reaction. "Oh, I thought you were busy? Did I disturb you?" she asked, her voice soft-so different from the usual confident tone she used with me.

"No! No, of course not. I'm completely free today," I assured her quickly, my concern evident. "How have you been? Have you eaten yet?"

"I was just about to ask you the same question," she replied, and my heart practically jumped out of my chest with happiness.

Why does she have to be like this? She's making me fall even more in love with her with these simple gestures!

"Oh, so sweet now, huh? Are you falling in love with me, hmm?" I teased, a playful smile on my lips. But before I could continue, she rolled her eyes and started to get up, probably to leave.

There it was-the cold Yana I knew so well. But this time, I wasn't letting her go that easily. I quickly reached out and stopped her, not ready to let the moment slip away.

"I'm just joking, Yani. Let's go eat," I said, flashing her a sweet smile, which she answered with a classic eye roll.

"I've reserved us a table at your favorite restaurant. What do you think, hmm?" I offered, already reaching for my phone.

"No need. I already booked one," she replied coolly, as if it were the most normal thing in the world. But it wasn't-not for us! My heart fluttered at her thoughtfulness. Gosh, Yani, why are you like this?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she suddenly snapped, pulling me back to reality.

"Like what?"

"Like a drooling puppy." Her words made me instinctively reach for the side of my mouth, checking if there was actually any drool.

She shook her head in disbelief, though I caught a faint smile playing on her lips. "Gosh, you're really something. Let's just go, I'm famished."