Fallen knight

**Chapter 1: The Fallen Knight**

The night sky was clear, dotted with countless stars shimmering like diamonds against the vast black canvas. The peacefulness of the night was abruptly shattered by a streak of light tearing through the atmosphere, a fiery comet descending rapidly toward Earth. In the backyard of a modest suburban home, Abby sat on the porch, sipping a cup of tea as she kept an eye on her younger siblings, twelve-year-old Tommy and seven-year-old Lily, who were chasing fireflies.

Abby, just twenty-one, had taken on the role of caregiver after their mother's sudden passing a year ago. Life had been a constant struggle, balancing her job at the local diner with her night classes, all while ensuring her brother and sister felt as normal as possible. She took a deep breath, trying to find a moment of peace in her chaotic world.

Suddenly, a brilliant light illuminated the sky, growing brighter and larger, causing Abby to stand up in alarm. The fireflies fled, and the children froze, their eyes widening in awe and fear as the blazing object crashed into the dense woods behind their home with a thunderous boom. The ground shook violently, and a gust of hot wind surged through the air, extinguishing the porch light and plunging them into darkness.

"Stay here!" Abby ordered, her voice trembling but firm. She grabbed a flashlight from the kitchen and dashed towards the woods, her heart pounding in her chest. The path was familiar, but the eerie glow from the crash cast strange shadows, transforming the once comforting woods into a haunting labyrinth.

As Abby approached the crash site, the heat was intense, and the air smelled of burning metal and scorched earth. The trees around the impact zone were splintered and smoldering. In the center of the devastation was a sleek, blackened spacecraft, partially buried in the ground, emitting smoke and sparks.

Cautiously, Abby moved closer, her flashlight beam cutting through the smoke. She could see the remnants of a once advanced ship, its surface marred by the violent journey through the wormhole and subsequent crash. She took a step back, contemplating running back to the house to call for help when a groan of pain reached her ears.

"Hello?" she called out, her voice shaking. She edged closer, scanning the wreckage until the beam of her flashlight caught a figure in black, partially trapped under a piece of the ship's hull. The figure wore a mask and dark robes, reminiscent of something out of a medieval fantasy or a futuristic nightmare. Despite her fear, Abby's instincts to help kicked in.

"Hold on, I'm going to help you," she said, kneeling beside the injured figure. Using all her strength, she managed to lever the metal off him. The figure groaned again, and Abby carefully pulled him out, realizing he was much taller and heavier than she had anticipated. She could see the pain etched on his face through the cracked mask.

The man's eyes fluttered open, revealing intense, dark eyes that seemed to bore into her soul. "Where... am I?" he rasped.

"Earth. North Carolina," Abby replied, feeling slightly foolish. "Who are you?"

The man hesitated, as if weighing whether to trust her. "Kylo Ren," he finally said, his voice filled with a mixture of authority and vulnerability. "I need... help."

Abby nodded, realizing the urgency of the situation. She helped him to his feet, supporting his weight as they made their way back to the house. The journey was slow, each step a struggle for Kylo Ren, whose injuries were severe. Abby's mind raced with questions, but she pushed them aside, focusing on the immediate need to get him to safety.

Back at the house, Tommy and Lily were waiting anxiously on the porch. Their eyes widened in fear and curiosity as they saw the imposing figure Abby was helping. "Is he an alien?" Tommy whispered, clutching Lily's hand.