CHAPTER 1

Jake was having a typical day at the office, buried under a stack of reports and his favorite playlist humming softly in his earbuds. As he was finishing up the last bit of data entry, his phone buzzed with a notification from the office messaging system.

"Jake, please report to the CEO's office immediately."

His heart skipped a beat. Jake had never been summoned by the CEO before. He quickly tidied up his desk, straightened his tie, and made his way to the top floor. The elevator ride felt faster than it should've, his mind racing with possibilities. Had he made a mistake in one of the reports? Was he in trouble? As he stepped out of the elevator, a wave of nervousness struck him. Polished marble floors, abstract art on the walls, and the quiet hum of productivity. He took a deep breath and approached the imposing wooden doors of the CEO's office. He knocked lightly and heard a deep, authoritative voice beckon him inside. Mr. Park, the CEO, was a tall, stern man known for his impeccable professionalism and demanding standards. Jake had always admired him from afar. Mr. Park was the kind of leader who inspired both fear and respect in equal measure.

"Ah, Jake, come in," Mr. Park greeted him with a surprisingly warm smile. "Please, take a seat."

"Thank you, sir," Jake replied, sitting down and trying to mask his nervousness. His mind was still racing, wondering why he had been called here.

"I'll get straight to the point," Mr. Park began, his voice steady and calm. "I have an unusual request, and I believe you're the right person for the job."

Jake's curiosity piqued. He leaned forward slightly, listening intently.

"My son, Sunghoon, is visiting from university," Mr. Park continued. "I need someone to keep an eye on him while I'm at work and away on business for the next few days. Sunghoon can be... quite a handful, but I believe you can handle it."

Jake blinked in surprise. Babysitting? This was definitely not in his job description. He had expected something work-related, not a personal favor. But the thought of some extra pay was extremely appealing, and he didn't want to disappoint the CEO.

"I'd be happy to help, sir," Jake responded, trying to keep his tone professional. "I'll do my best to keep him entertained and out of trouble."

"Excellent," Mr. Park said, standing up and extending his hand. "I appreciate it, Jake. Sunghoon will be arriving at our house this evening. I'll have my driver take you there after work."

As Jake shook Mr. Park's hand, he couldn't shake the feeling of stepping into unknown territory. The rest of the day passed in a blur, his mind filled with questions. What was Sunghoon like? Why did Mr. Park trust him with such a personal task? And how was he going to handle this unexpected responsibility? The minutes ticked by painfully slowly. Jake tried to focus on his work, but his thoughts kept drifting back to the upcoming evening. He couldn't help but wonder about Sunghoon. He had seen pictures of Mr. Park's son around the office—a tall, very attractive, athletic young man with a striking presence. But pictures could only tell so much.

-------- ୨ ✩ ୧ --------

i was gonna publish this like after but i js decided to do it now cus i felt like it🤭

WORD COUNT: 557 Words