1934 - Brooklyn, New York

"Come on, Bucky, pleeeeeaassse! I want to go to see the Flying Graysons!" Six-year-old Livia begged, tearing Bucky's book away.

Bucky snatched his book back and turned over on his bed to face the window, "Go ask Beck."

"Beck's at Marge's house. Please, Bucky, Mama said I could only go if I was with you." Bucky could hear the waterworks turning on in the quaver in Livia's voice.

"Ma!" Bucky turned back over and yelled, "Livia's bothering me! Please tell her to go away!"

Mama appeared at the doorway to his room, "James, there is no need to yell. Take Olivia to the circus for a couple of hours. I will give you two dollars, you can take Steven and use the rest of the money for treats. You can finish whatever you are doing when you come home."

Bucky thought about arguing, but sighed, "Fine." When Mama left, he growled at Livia, "I'll take you, but you're not getting anything."

Livia stuck her tongue out, "You're a-- a-- a--." Her face scrunched up, then smoothed, "Fish! You're a dirty fish, Bucky."

Bucky rolled out of bed and stood, "At least I'm not a pig."

"Shut up."

Bucky smirked, "You first." He stretched. His side still ached a little from a lucky shot a bully had gotten in when Bucky had valiantly rescued Steve the day before yesterday.

"Shush up, you two!" Emily, the resident eight-year-old, hollered from down the hall.

Bucky glanced back at his book, then let the door click shut behind him.

He hoped Steve liked acrobats.