Chapter II

- Heeseung

- Heeseung

Three months have passed in my relentless pursuit of answers. Solving the "Cold Murders" feels like a personal calling, and I'm more than willing to invest as much time as necessary. Every detail, no matter how small, has to be meticulously examined.

Hours of intense focus had finally yielded results. I was on the verge of piecing together the final puzzle of the case when a sharp rap jolted me out of my concentration.

After a full day of sitting hunched over my desk, I stood up with a creak and moved towards the door.

My paranoia had led me to install multiple locks, a habit ingrained from years of caution. As I slowly unbarred the door, I heard a familiar voice call my name.

When I finally swung it open, I was met with the unexpected sight of Minji, Taehyun, and Jungwon, their faces lit up with warm smiles.

Inviting them in, I offered to make hot chocolate. We settled into the living room, the comfortable silence stretching between us until Taehyun broke the ice.

"Heeseung, we have a few questions," he began.

"S- sure, ask away"
I replied as I took a sip of my hot chocolate

"What do you know about... The In Frīgore?"
He asked

I wasn't expecting that question, it almost left me frozen hearing the alias of Sunghoon "The In Frīgore" I've witnessed the things he did to this town, and so I replied
"I know him more than I'll ever know myself"

"Does a part of you feel scared about any of it?"
Minji asked

"About what?"
I asked her back

"The In Frīgore"
She replied

"Why would I?"
I replied to her

Hours had passed, we all talked about our lives and a lot about the life of The In Frīgore, although his origin was shrouded in darkness, there were still a lot of urban legends about him and that's what the people believed in.

This chapter is short on purpose
- Author's Note