Overlords

Sans followed Alastor through the streets towards the meeting place. The place they were approaching felt alive with pure power. Magic of the darkest orgins made Sans' own magic spark through his bones in alarm, ready to defend at a moments notice. "You seem unsettled, my dear." Alastor noted. Sans shrugged and adjusted his collar. "yes and no... my magic is reacting to the negative feel of another... multiple other demon's magic. i'm fine, otherwise." Sans replied as he took a deep breath to sooth his magic. Alastor nodded and led him into an elevator before they headed up. "Are you ready, Sans?" Sans raised a bonebrow. "as ready as i can be, yeah."
"Good." With that, his boyfriend strode out of the elevator with purpose, as if he knew something nobody else did. Sans took the more laid-back approach, his eyelights looking over the other overlords. There was Carmilla Carmine at the head, some sort of ballerina and Zestial, the spider demon. The cannibalistic Rosie, the giant Zeezi, Fredrick and Bethesda von Eldritch, and of course, Sans' favorite, Vox and Valentino. His smile became a bit more aggressive as he winked at them.

XXX

Sans could feel himself being judged as he sat beside Alastor and melted back. "Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Sans, the newest overlord." Alastor gestured grandly, and Sans gave the others a lazy wave. "sup." If Alastor thought Sans was gonna give a good impression, he was wrong. Sans didn't give a shit how anyone else saw him. If they wanted to start something, they could learn there just how powerful he could be. Alastor knew that just as well and sat down with a sigh. Carmilla gave Sans a critical once over before rising from her own chair. "The Beast Master, yes, I've heard of you. You killed Velvette. And the rumors say that you have the power of angels." Sans hummed sleepily, already bored. He was already aware of his new monicur, and none of what Carmilla was saying was new. "sounds about right, yeah. that's me." Zestial's way of speaking immediately caught his attention. "Thee seems... unamused, unlike a certain beast thee sits near." Sans blinked twice and the spider demon and looked over to Alastor. "i tamed that beast, too." Sans winked as Alastor scoffed and laid himself on the table, chuckling as Alastor mumbled about how they didn't need to know that.

XXX

Sans wasn't actually asleep. He was listening quite closely, actually. He didn't need them to know that, though. Mostly, they were speaking of the angel attack on the hotel and what that meant for everyone in the future. Alastor provided them with a first-hand account of what was currently happening in the hotel currently and how the angels were coming back. "Depending on how the princess plays her cards, we may begin losing people to her silly ideas." Sans knew that Alastor didn't like the whole redemption thing, but if he didn't know any better... he almost seemed to be taking it personally somehow. "it's better than people getting killed. not everyone will get redeemed. some demons simply don't want it. more humans will die and come down here. yes, some demons will go to heaven, but there will always be people for you guys lord over." Sans explained as he peered worriedly at his boyfriend. Alastor returned the look with his usual mask... Sans knew Alastor was hiding something from him now. Alastor knew Sans could see through it. But now wasn't the time to ask as Carmilla took over the conversation.