29. HER PAST

"Let's get a divorce"

I'm trying to tell myself it's not real, it can't be real.

I chuckled ,"you're pranking me, Esha! Just don't do these kinds of pranks, okay?"

I could see it in her eyes...she was looking at me but her eyes are speaking something else. They are saying that whatever she is saying is a bloody Truth.

"No, Esha, you're lying, right? Please tell me this is a lie."

I struggled to speak, my voice catching in my throat. I stood up and she did too, facing me. I walked over to her, held her by the shoulder, and saw a tear roll down her face. I went to wipe it, but she pushed my hand away and wiped her tears.

"Esha..."

"Don't, Yuvaan... just don't say anything. Aur kitne jhut bologe...hamesha aapne mujhse jhuth bola hai, apne meri feelings ki kbhi kadar hi nahi kari. Agr itni hi nafrat thi mujhse then why the hell did you even marry me?", she yelled at me.

(How many more lies do you need to tell? You've always lied to me and never valued my feelings. If you hated me so much, then why did you even marry me?)

Now she was speaking, tears streaming down her face.

I don't know what happened between us today, everything was fine until yesterday, and now I can't understand what's going on.

"Esha..." I was about to speak when she gave the envelope and somewhere I know what this is, but I still needed to see it for myself.

I wanted everything to change whatever I was thinking, to be different from what I had imagined.

Hesitantly, I opened it and tears welled up in my eyes as I realized it was divorce papers, already signed by her.

Looking at her, I saw her eyes turning red from crying. My heart ached, but I lost my control and yelled at her, "Why, Esha...?" just tell me, damn it, why?"

I couldn't handle the thought of her leaving me. I lost control and yelled at her, seeing her flinch but she tried to remain composed.

I immediately regretted my outburst, my daisy is sensitive about this.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled," I apologized as I hugged her, but she wriggled out of my grasp.

"Esha, why do you want to leave? I can't..."

"Because I feel suffocated with you...with this namesake relationship," she said looking straight into my eyes without any emotions.

She came out of my hold and yelled, "shut up, just shut up! Me thak chuki hu is jhute rishte ko chaar saal se zyada nibhate nibhate, ab nahi ho raha. Dum ghutta hai mera is zabardasti ke rishte mein. I beg you, Yuvaan, ab mujhse aur nahi saha jaega. Please, azad kar do is naam ke rishte se."