Chapter2 -

Elara POV
------

It's been two hours since I'm left her alone.

As the clock on the wall ticked loudly, each second dragging longer than the last, I struggled to stay awake. It was 3 a.m., and the dim light barely illuminated the room.

Desperation gnawed at me as I tried to think of a way to escape. My eyes wandered around the office, searching for anything that could help me.

A glint of something sharp caught my attention, reflecting faintly in the low light. It was on the small table beside the leather couch. My heart pounded as I carefully maneuvered my chair closer, trying to make as little noise as possible.

Reaching out with the tips of my fingers, I grasped the object. The cool metal felt reassuring in my hand, a small glimmer of hope in the oppressive darkness.

Once I had the object securely held behind my back, I began to work on the ropes binding my wrists. The process was slow and painstaking, but I could feel the fibers starting to give way.

I focused on the sensation of the rope fraying under the sharp edge, my heart racing with hope as I saw my wrists coming free.

With my hands finally released, I quickly turned my attention to the ropes around my legs. The knots were complex and tightly bound, but I wasn't about to let that stop me.

I used the sharp object to slice through the ropes, each cut bringing me closer to freedom. When my legs were finally free, I took a deep breath, savoring the relief of my newfound mobility. Now, with the restraints gone, I prepared myself to escape.

I grasped the door knob and turned it. The door swung open, and I peered outside, finding no one nearby. Seizing the opportunity, I dashed out.

As I sprinted through the darkened halls , I felt a glimmer of hope that I might actually escape. But it was short-lived. I heard the heavy thud of boots pounding behind me, and before I knew it, the guards had caught up. Their rough hands grabbed me, pulling me back with a force that almost made me fall.

I struggled, trying to use the self-defense techniques I'd learned. My movements were swift and precise, aimed at hitting their weak points. I landed a solid kick to one man's groin, and he crumpled to the ground, clutching himself and groaning in pain.

But before I could make a break for it, the other two men were upon me. Despite my best efforts to fend them off, they were too strong and too quick. They overpowered me, grabbing my arms and pinning me down. My breath came in short, panicked bursts as I realized my escape was slipping away.

They dragged me back toward the building, and despite my desperate thrashing, I couldn't break free. The fear and frustration were overwhelming, but I knew I had to stay alert. This wasn't over yet, and I had to find another way out of this nightmare.

I went through more than this , I can escape this

They threw me into the basement with a rough shove, and I hit the cold concrete floor hard.

Before I could scramble to my feet, they were on me again, pinning me down with brutal strength. I fought back with every ounce of energy I had, but their grip was unyielding. They tied me up again, the ropes digging so tightly into my wrists that I could feel them bruising with each movement.