one.

"Stay with each other!"

Violet looked over her shoulder with a bright smile, her wavy blonde hair blowing with the soft wind that made her thankful of her leather jacket for once. "We always do, brother!" she laughed, waving her brother off.

"When are we ever apart, Teller?" Tory rhetorically asked, linking her arm with Violet's before the two girls turned back around, walking into the Valley festival that was filled with children, teenagers, and adults under the night sky that was littered with silver specks. "Brandon, stay close to us."

The younger boy nodded his head, holding his sister's hand while they made their way through the crowd, sticking close together against the energetic younger children.

"Should we get something to eat first or pick a ride?" Violet asked, her blue eyes reflecting the glowing rides around them.

Tory had a little skip in her step when she spotted the food carts. "Brandon isn't a big fan of the rides," she hummed, squeezing her brother's hand. "So we should get some food first and whatever money we have left over can be used on the side games."

Violet raised a brow, the corner of her lips tugging into a smirk as she faced her. "You know I could just steal you the prizes instead of you wasting your money."

"Vi!" Tory laughed, shaking her head with a bright glow of happiness in her eyes. "We promised not to mention any of that around Brandon."

"Oh, shit." Violet's eyes slightly widened, and she sent Brandon an innocent smile, internally getting up herself for slipping up. "You didn't hear a thing, kid."

"I won't tell my mom if you get me a giant dinosaur teddy bear," Brandon negotiated, narrowing his eyes with a sharp look. He may have been younger than them, but he was just like his older sister—the pair holding a soft spot in Violet's heart.

Violet and Tory shared an amused look for a moment before laughing, the friend nodding her head in promise.

After a while, the three of them bought hotdogs—ending up in a small food fight before eating them and then the brother and sister attempted the sideshow games. Whenever they lost, Violet's sticky fingers would snatch a prize unnoticed before giving them to Brandon who was struggling to hold them all when they made their way toward the main stage.

"All right, all right, all right!" a brunette lady in a red dress said, clapping her hands on the stage. "Coming up next, do I have a treat for you. Please direct your attention to the LaRusso Auto booth for a presentation from Miyagi-Do Karate."

"Karate?" Tory quipped, darting her eyes to a beaming Violet who quickly snatched a glowing headband from some girl, ignoring her protests. "Isn't that, like, the competition you saw with your brother?"

Violet placed the red glowing headband on her head with a small 'yes' thrown over her shoulder when they made their way over to the LaRusso booth that was glowing orange with three people standing on the stage.

The duo girls stayed close together with Brandon between them, watching the older man, teenage boy, and girl slowly and calmly move their hands around. Honestly, Violet was bored and wondering why it was nothing like the tournament her brother dragged her to where the kicks and hits were faster like a flash of movement that made everyone in the audience sit on the edge of their seats.

"Vi, I love you and all, but this is boring as shit," Tory complained, crossing her arms over her chest with her head tilted.

"Oh, trust me, I know," Violet sighed, watching the man swing a stick around while the teenagers threw around moves. "Where's the anger and violence?" She groaned, sending Tory a thinned-lipped look. This was not how the described the tournament to her friend. "Let's just go steal more prizes before Teller picks us up."