two.

Violet braided her hair back with a struggle from the wind blowing into the car as her brother drove with Tory in the backseat, the two girls nervous and excited at the same time after spending three days figuring out how many shifts they would have to work just to learn karate.

Thankfully, Violet's older brother, Teller, was more than happy to help them with paying for karate if it meant that his little sister and her best friend, whom he also saw as a little sister, were learning to protect themselves.

Growing up, Violet's parents had been addicted to hard drugs, often leaving them around the house for her little hands to get a hold of even after Teller had warned his parents many times that it was reckless and dangerous. For years, they never listened to their oldest son and then one day when Violet was ten, she was looking through the washing when a needle poked her and Teller lost his shit, kicking their parents out to keep his little sister protected and safe. To raise her, he gave up his dream of completing college and ended up working in a garage on classic cars.

When the two of them moved from Nevada to California, they found a shitty apartment complex and that was how Violet met Tory after the pair accidentally ran into each other and nearly broke into a fight if it wasn't for Teller who split them up.

Somehow, after that day, the two girls became like sisters with Teller always looking after them like an older brother. He even offered to help Tory with her living situation, offering to pay half the apartment and medical bills but she kept declining. That didn't stop him from buying their groceries though, making sure that Grace Nichols saw the food so Tory couldn't give it back to him, saying 'I've got it handled,' like she always did.

"You two sure about this?" Teller questioned, turning down the radio as he glanced at his sister and then at Tory, both the girls nodding their heads. "Right, well, if something goes wrong, call me and I'll come back to pick you up."

"We can handle our shit, Tel," Tory assured him, grabbing Violet's shoulder gently. "When have us two ever lost a fight when we're together?"

"Never," Teller laughed, slowing down the truck when he pulled into a small parking lot where a sign for Cobra Kai was plastered on a board above a shop.

Violet finished her second braid, quickly pulling down the sleeves of her black fitness jacket from kickboxing. The two girls used to do kickboxing twice a week in a shitty area near the apartment, but the prices raised, and they both had to stop. But Violet had started kickboxing when she was eight after Teller signed her up so she could protect herself if he wasn't around and due to this, she was able to teach Tory more moves that they hadn't been taught at their lessons.

"I'll call you when we're done," Violet reminded Teller, picking up her small purple duffle bag when he parked, and a few teenagers made their way into the Cobra Kai dojo. "If something changes, I'll text you."

Teller nodded, tapping his hands on the steering wheel as the two girls quickly got out. "I've got a...job to do for two hours," he quietly said to his sister whose face dropped, sending a wave of guilt to hit him. "Don't worry, Little Vi, I'll be safe."

Violet could only nod, patting the side of the truck before walking toward Cobra Kai with a worried Tory. The two girls knew that Teller did illegal jobs from time to time to keep the money coming in, and they both hated it as much as the other. They knew how dangerous it was and that if something happened to him, then they would both be fucked.

"He'll be fine, Vi," Tory softly said, grabbing Violet's hand in comfort. "He always ends up okay."

"Yeah, I know," Violet breathed and then straightened her shoulders before grabbing the door handle. "Let's just start this shit."