self loathe

As the sun sinks into the deep sea on this side of the Earth, the sinking feeling I experience is mutual. The bright day has come to an end, and darkness slowly envelops me. The word "friend" begins to feel like a betrayal, as if everyone stays with me out of pity or necessity. What gain could anyone ever get from me? I am not that important—unimportant, insignificant, disposable, yes. It makes sense, a mere source of entertainment for others until they find someone better. Suddenly, my whole life seems to fade into oblivion. I have no meaningful life experiences, merely passing time without real impact. Everyone else appears so happy, blessed, excelling in everyaspect of life. Now, I find myself consumed by envy and self-loathing. "Why can't I have their life?" I think as tears well up and stream down the pores of my bare skin. It's time to sleep now; enough negativity has been directed toward my existence today. Sleep now; it's all foolishness. Sleep now; you're weakening your heart. Sleep now; it's not that bad. Sleep now; they're still your friends. Sleep now; you had a good day. Sleep now; you've punished yourself enough. Sleep now; the sun will rise again tomorrow.