Chapter 1: Memories

All you wanted was a peaceful summer that you could cherish, a summer you could look back on with fondness

All you wanted was a peaceful summer that you could cherish, a summer you could look back on with fondness. A summer full of laughter and fun and bright sunny skies. A summer filled with love and warmth... And comfort.

Little did you know that a summer like this was within your reach.

You have just arrived at this small town, a town by the name of "Gravity Falls, Oregon," a town that was located just off of the North Pacific.

You recalled visiting quite a few times when you were a kid, and you wanted to revisit. Your family owned a cabin in the woods, and you decided it would be the perfect time to visit the old thing. You wanted a little vacation before you headed off to college, and this small town was perfect for that.

As you got off the bus, you smiled as you took a deep breath of fresh air. Your nostrils were filled with the smell of pine trees. Memories came flooding back as the summer air and sky filled your thoughts. You smiled as you thanked the bus driver, you watched as he tipped his hat to you and drove off.

You gathered all of your belongings as you headed off into town.

It has been a while since you have been here, but nothing has changed a bit. All the stores were the same, the roads and signs. You just hoped you could say the same thing for the diner. You remember all the times you and your parents would share a meal there.

You were craving some delicious food, and the Greasy's Diner was the perfect place to get a fulfilling meal. Especially after the long trip, you just had to get here. You eagerly made your way towards the diner. Your eyes lit up when you saw how intact the place was. You could smell the delicious food from outside, and it only got you more excited.

You walked in and noticed some of the townsfolk seated as they were happily enjoying their meals. There were some familiar faces you caught sight of. Two police officers were sitting next to each other, laughing amongst themselves as they were sharing jokes with each other. You caught sight of how happy they looked together, and it made you smile as well.

The crazy old man who would run around town talking nonsense when you were a kid was here, too. You did notice, however, that he seemed more put together, and it looked like he had regained some of his sanity. He wore glasses, and he seemed to have trimmed his beard. He is now wearing a dark brown sweater with his overalls as well as some black boots. He was minding his business, writing in some sort of notebook as he was enjoying his food.