Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(Dream)

After making the team I was given a uniform then told practices starts eight in the morning. I went back to where I'm staying and couldn't thank Mrs Plak enough. The next morning I was at the gym around 7:30. I saw no one was around besides Sam and Jojo who were playing a game. I watched as my best friend missed the shot and Sam tease her about it before kissing her. "You will never be her" I heard Rox whisper. "Maybe I should quit. I was in over my head and Sam looks happy" I said. "She's very happy and I will not let you get in the way of my niece happiness. You're not quitting. You made the team, we have a game in two days and a away game in a few weeks. We don't have enough time to look for another dancer. You're on this team" she said. I apologized then she handed me a cup and I looked at her confused. "I don't trust you. I will be testing you every chance I get. You're a junkie" she said. "I been clean three years" I said angrily. "I don't care if it was thirty, pee before I beat the piss out of you." I did what the coach said and I told her she's lucky I don't throw it on her as I handed her the cup. Practices started at eight on the dot and I spent the first half with Rox teaching me the dance for the game that's coming in two days. Around five practice was over. I was sore but I shuck off the pain and headed to where I'm staying. "Hey kiddo; how was your first day as an Angel. I making chili which I know is your favorite" Mr Plak said excitedly. "Coach Rox drug tested me and made it clear she hates my guts and doesn't trust me. I realized my best friend and ex-girlfriend are happy and I can't come in between that. Now I'm stuck on the team. The only upside is I realized I enjoy dancing" I explained. "Things will get better. Shower and come eat. The food is almost ready" he said. After dinner I went to my room and worked on the routine. The day of the game I was nervous. We cheered our asses off then by half time I found myself in the bathroom panicking. Rox opened the door and she looked annoyed and concerned at the same time. "Breath; even though you got on this team for the wrong reasons and took away from someone that wanted it more, the damage is done. Despite your lack of experience you're a fantastic dancer. You're going to kill it. Only thing you have to fear is fear itself." I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes at me. She opened the door and I left the bathroom and got into my position. " LETS HEAR IT FOR OUR ANGELS AND THEIR NEW DANCER DREAM" the announcer said. Talk Dirty by Jason  Derulo began to play and the crowd went wild as we danced. I saw Rox smiling at me and the other dancers. I saw Sam watching Jojo the entire time. For some reason I didn't care about that. I enjoyed dancing and the crowd cheering us on. After heading back to the locker room my smile faded as no one talked to me not even Jojo. We won the game and everyone loved our dance but that didn't matter. I grabbed my bag and Rox asked was it worth it. I rolled my eyes and she said see me tomorrow morning.