Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Roxanna)

I was sitting on my balcony smoking a cigarette as I watched videos on my phone and enjoyed my glass of wine. I been a dancer most of my life. My love for it bloomed when I was two and my mom enrolled me in ballet. From there I took up all types of dance classes and in college audition for the Angels dance team. I was the youngest member and at twenty four I quit and started traveling and became a full-time choreographer. Ten years later I'm back coaching the team that started my career. My older sister raised me. My parents were old when they had me. They passed away when I was a little girl. Sam's mom Susan is my best friend and I love Sam with all my heart. I knew she was cheating on Dream but it wasn't my business. There's also the fact she stole from my family before when she was a junkie. She put my niece through a lot which wasn't okay with me. Other part of me feels bad for her. I know her parents were both junkies and sold her one time for crack. The system was horrible towards her. Mine and Jojo parents always tried to be there the best way we could. She also battled cancer in her teenage years. I seen her at her worst and the brink of death. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Anyways, after smoking and my drink I headed to the stadium. I wanted to get some work done. I made my way towards the gym where I heard the music coming from. I peaked inside to see Dream practicing the routine for our away game coming up. I have to give credit where its due. She's a natural. The music stopped and I gave slow claps as I went inside. "What are you doing here" she questioned me. "I have work to do. I could be asking you the same thing. It's almost ten and practice starts at eight tomorrow morning. Sleep is also important" I said. "I couldn't sleep and I need to be perfect if I want the girls to like me" she said. "As long as Jojo hates you, they will never like you. She says jump and they say how high. You need to get used to the fact you have no friends here. But if you want to be perfect you need to get your leg straight when it comes to your toe touch." She asked for my help and we spent a half hour of me stretching with her so she could get it right. I found myself standing close to her as I helped her straighten out her leg. I found myself holding her ankle as we stared at each other. "I think I got it now" she said without taking her eyes off me. I let her go and she put her leg down. She put her hair behind her ear and told me goodnight before rushing off. I headed to my office and after an hour I went home. The next day I was there at seven as always while Dream got here at 7:30 as always. My niece and her girl weren't here yet and I watched as Dream stretch and practiced. Ten minutes before eight Jojo startled me by tapping my shoulder. "Sadly she's a natural. It pisses me off she tried getting Sam back. This away game will be her last one. I will make her quit" Jojo said angrily. "I don't care its not my business" I said as I walked towards my office. I sat down behind my desk thinking about the moment we had last night and how good she is.

Author Message

You can read the rest of this book on Amazon as paperback or Ebook. Also available on Kindle Unlimited. Don't forget to vote and comment and stay tuned everyone