Chapter Fourੈ✩‧₊˚

July 2021

The girl mindlessly walked next to Five, pulling a small red wagon that carried old jackets and a bald mannequin. He kept stopping to search for food and other useful things, but mostly food. 

"Tell me if you find any food, we're out of rations." Five said
"I thought we had enough for two weeks?" Pearl replied confused. 

"I thought so too, but this morning I found Mr. Pennycrumb eating from the wagon" he said motioning to the short brown dog next to him. They had found him under a pile of rubble and surprisingly, he was alive. At first, it was Pearl's idea to keep him, but Five didn't want to deal with a childish teenage girl and a loud dog. Thanks to the girl's persuasive skills, she managed to convince Five to keep him.

"You're lucky you are adorable!" she picked up the dog before carrying him as if he was a baby.

Five, Pearl, Delores, and Mr. Pennycrumb walked for a couple hours before realizing that their only option was eating bugs. Five didn't seem like he cared, but in the inside, he felt loathsome. In the other hand, Pearl knew there was no other option, it was either starving until they found more food, or eating burned cockroaches. After all, it couldn't be worse than the time she accidentally ate dog shit.

They sat over a old blanket, staring at the pile of cockroaches and other insects. 

"This is disgusting" Five said as he stared at the pile with disgust.
"Well, yeah, but it's not like we have another option"
"We can always wait until we find more food"
"It doesn't look that bad, you know" 

Pearl put her scarf down so it wasn't covering her nose and mouth and grabbed a cockroach."Meh, I have eaten worse things" she said before popping the bug into her mouth.

Overall, it wasn't that bad, it was just the texture (and the cockroach legs) that messed with the girl's head. Five just stared at her with both confusion and shock in his eyes, being concerned for the girl.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT, PEA BRAIN?" he shouted as the girl turned around and bolted looking around for a spot to throw up. 

December 2024

The young adults had finally settled down inside an old library that was still standing up. It was quite cozy actually. With a lot of quilts and a couple chairs, the pair made a weird looking couch. Although it looked...interesting, it was quite comfortable. They also found a mattress that seemed in good state and they fixed a table.

Plants were finally growing back again, making it possible to eat something else other than cockroaches. Usually, cold December nights felt like a nightmare, but there was an odd feeling about that night. The air felt warm somehow. 

"I'm back! Guess what I found!" Pearl entered through the piece of wood they called 'door'
"Is it food?" Five said from the couch, still cuddling with Mr. Pennycrumb.
"Yeah. Why's it so hot in here?" 

"Probably cause I'm in here" he said with a smirk on his tired face.

"You're hilarious" 

"Anyway, I found a twinkie" the woman exclaimed.

Five stood up from his spot on the couch and hurried to the black haired, Mr. Pennycrumb following him. He grabbed a blanket from the mattress and handed it over to Pearl.

After handing her the blanket, she put it over her lap and showed him the twinkie. Hoping that the 'ever-lasting twinkies' rumors were true he bit into one side of the snack. He tasted it for a couple minutes before blinking outside to the 'piss bucket'. 

"You okay?" the woman asked facing the opposite way so her back was facing the bucket.
"Yeah. Just... peachy"
"Call me if you need anything" she said before entering again.

Once he was back in the house, the brown eyed woman was laying down in the mattress and Mr. Pennycrumb was laying on the couch. He snuck into his side of the mattress, trying not to wake her up.

"Feeling better now?" she said while turning so she was face to face with him.
"Kinda" he admitted. A wind wave made its way to the room, making both of them shiver. Feeling extra bold that night, the man put his arm around Pearl's waist. Pulling her closer. It caught her off guard, making her freeze for a second, but she quickly returned the same energy as she tangled her legs with his and placed her hands in his hair, playing with his hair.

Even though he would never admit it, that night was the first night he had slept comfortably since he time traveled.

-------------

CHAT I WAS EXTRA BORED SO I STARTED WRITING ANOTHER CHAPTER SO I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT 

TYSM FOR READING THIS

BTW I MIGHT NOT POST IN A COUPLE OF DAYS CAUSE I GOT A COLD LMAO