Chapter 11 :: un coup d'œil sur sa vue

The Space in our Hearts
Chapter 11

The moment both of them stepped out of the garden and into the house, thick silence engulfed them. It stayed like that for a minute or so, till the cry of Jade was heard from outside that caused Liandro to sigh and run his hands through his hair.

Abramo, on the other hand stayed quiet, standing by the door and glancing out to where Jade was slumped down on the grass with her mother and sister embracing her.

He clenched his fists tightly at the sight. Somehow after all these years it still broke him to hear nor see her cry. He hates it. It reminded him of her, and he doesn't like it one bit.

"What do you want to talk about Mr. Fontaballes?" Finally, not being able to tolerate it anymore, Abramo spoke. Turning to the fifty- or so-year old man who was now behind the kitchen counter and was pouring himself a glass of rum and another glass.

"I'll be blatant about this Mr. Fernandez." Liandro paused as he put the bottle of rum down, bearing his cold scrutinizing gaze at the latter.

Liandro didn't, nor have any intention of hiding it, especially that the matter involved his daughters. His family. This was personal and it was detrimental on so many different levels, not only for his family but to his image as well.

"Where and how did you get all that information about my daughter's?"

Silence. He doesn't want to tell him. Telling Liandro is just as much as confessing everything. No, that's not how this is going to go.

"I know what you're thinking but I won't be releasing any of this out to the media." Abramo started as he glanced around the space, taking note of the pictures frames of the couple that hanged of the walls. He grimaced, before clicking his tongue. Why is she even smiling for that trash? 

"And if you think that I'd use this against you... You're wrong." He continued, finally glancing at the man who's eyes twitched.
"I have a proposal."

◆ ◆ ◆

Sometime later both of the men stepped outside. Their faces were grim and flat, as if whatever had occurred inside must've been bad.

Outside the garden, the five people remaining wore the same expressions, more of disdain decorated the soft angelic face of Jessica who kept glaring at her sister, Jane, who sat three tables away from them with Zion beside her.

Jessica then scowled as their eyes met thinking how her mother, who's done and devoted her life caring for them, had raised such a distasteful daughter.

"Please, Jess." Their mother, Jelena, who sat by Jade's side sighed with an exasperated tone. Clearly the events of this night's already taking a toll to the older woman.

All while, Jade stared blankly at the small pond by the edge of the garden. Her hand unknowingly rested on her lower abdomen. What's to happen to her baby now, she can't let this child be born and grow up without a father.

At the same time, she doesn't want them to grow up and know what kind of man their dad is. On this thoughts, Jade's head throbbed. She has been crying for a while and today's events is just too much for her to handle the stress. It worries her, not for herself but for the child she's carrying.

When the five of them heard the sound of footsteps on the hardwood floor, their heads immediately turned to see two men with grim faces exited the house.

"Jade."

Jade's father, Liandro walked towards her, making her mind snap out of her daze and stood up. What followed surprised her but made their mother, smile. While Jess just looked away with an unreadable expression.

Their dad isn't like this, and for him to change just because of this was just pure bullshit. Liandro wasn't that kind of man, but nonetheless she stayed quiet for the sake of her mother and Jade.

After that, Liandro stepped back and grasped Jade's hands who's still wearing a perplexed expression on her face. What was happening?

While all of this was happening, Jane on the other hand was just a few tables away, was watching intently with the same unreadable expression and a hint of aggravation. This isn't sitting right with her.

"Jade, I won't say I'm sorry for everything that I've done, knowing it won't change or undo all the pain I've caused you. " Liandro started as he stared into his daughter's widened eyes.
"And I'm not doing this either to gain anything, no.''

Jade stood there overwhelmed of everything that's happening. She unconsciously stepped back as her eyes searched her father's expression, but she found nothing but pure genuineness from his pained look.

"I won't ask for forgiveness, Jade, I only wish you to be happy..." Liandro trailed off as he gave Abramo a quick glance who's standing a few meters away from them.
"Mr. Fernandez and I had already talked and settled everything inside."

"Wait" Jade, who was listening cut him off. Her brows knitting as she gave them a quick glance.

"Settled what? I don't understand."

Jelena, who was listening at the back as well looked at her husband with questioning eyes along with everyone else in the garden, with the exception of Abramo and Liandro.

"The child."

Jade was more than stunned. she was flabbergasted. How did they know, she was sure that only two people knew. her gynecologist and her.

Her expression morphed from surprise to horror as her gaze went from her father to Zion and then to this man named Abramo, who the fuck was he anyways and why is he still here, witnessing this? 

Just then, Abramo looked at her with an unreadable expression then gave a quick glance at my father and said:

"Can I ask for Jade's hand in marriage?"

 My breathing hitched then stopped, my jaw slacking along with everybody else on the garden, with the exception of my dad and Abramo.

What the hell did they talked inside the house?

A/N: A little bit short and lame but here's an update after a long while!❤😊