002

ʬʬ﹢﹐﹒

unknown number m/n

unknown number
m/n.

YOU
?
who is this

chika.

though i blocked you?

you did
this is a new number

hm

so about that offer

no

do you really think umemiya can give you what you want?

and what is it that i want?

stop being annoying or i'll come get you myself.
don't forget you're mine.

there's a reason why i picked hajime over you, and i think you know that fairly well too.

...

don't contact me again.

ʬʬ﹢﹐﹒

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐈𝐃 as the young boy ran through the empty streets. the h/c-haired boy was no older than 8, bruised and battered as he hugged the plastic bag.

his feet hurt from the worn shoes he's had for so long, his feet already growing out of them. his clothes clung to his lanky body as the rain continued its outpour. making goosebumps rise on his arms.

suddenly the bag was snatched from the young boy, the thief grinning evilly as he dashed away. the young boy pants before chasing after the man, shocking him with his absurd speed.

while distracted, the thief tripped over a small rock before tumbling to the ground, the plastic bag in his hand sent flying.

without another second, the young boy launched himself off the ground and grabbed the bag, making sure the contents wouldn't spill out.

clap! clap! clap!

the boy raised his head from the ground, dull e/c eyes staring back at the person. "woah, that was incredible!" the other boy mused.

his hair was white with a hint of a blue glow casting upon it, his bright blue eyes shining with adoration, the unfamiliar eyes that were staring at the h/c head made his cheeks flush.

"i-it's not that big of a deal..." the boy whispered with a soft pout as he looked back down at the floor, his heart beating quickly with a strange feeling.

"i'm umemiya, umemiya hajime!" the boy introduced himself suddenly as he rushed over for a handshake, taking the introverted boy's reluctant hand in his.

the taller boy felt a shiver go down his spine as he grew redder than before, "i'm... l/n, l/n m/n..." the boy replied softly, his gentleness a stark contrast of his low voice.

"that bag must be important to you," umemiya perked up, poking his head to the side to see a soft silhouette of bottles, "what's it for?"

upon the reminder, l/n tore his hand away from the boy, the warmth originally engulfing him now gone, like a rope snapping in an instant.

l/n began to run again, drifting back to his original purpose for going out on such a rainy day. "sorry, i-i have to go!" his voice was full of worry as he rushed away.

"eh... take care!" umemiya called out with his hands cupped right next to his mouth, "i hope to see you again, n/n!" his sweet voice was like a chain, clamping down on l/n's neck and tempting the older to stay.

l/n could hear his heart beating in his ears, yet he continued on, silently praying to stumble across the kind boy once again.

sliding open the old wooden door, l/n discarded his torn shoes before rushing to the bedside, his sick mother lying on the bed, feverish and panting.

the woman's cheekbones were defined due to her sickly condition for longer than he could remember. her skin was pale and turning colder and colder by the second.

"m-mama!" the boy's voice became gentle, as did his eyes that softened drastically from the sight of his darling mother.

he stumbled over to his mother's side and took out the bottles, "i got your medicine, mama..." the boy announced shakily, his body stiffening from seeing his own mother in such a state.

the woman smiled ever so softly, before bringing her boney hand to caress the boy's cheek, the coldness against his skin something he grew accustomed to.

"my, my... you really did it, my sweet boy." even through her condition, the woman's voice was soft and unwavering, fuelled by the immense affection for her boy, her world.

the boy looked to the door in fear before turning back to her, sweat forming in his forehead. "hurry up and eat it, we don't have time..." he pleaded before opening the bottle for the woman.

he helped her to sit up before feeding her the medicine. the boy was practically walking on eggshells as he continuously glanced from his mother and the door.

the woman swallowed the medicine before pulling back, "you know it's inevitable, he will return soon." the boy felt dread consumed him at her words, like she carried no hope for her life whatsoever.

"no!" he exclaimed, his voice ringing through the small room before his mother frowned softly, "i will protect you, i promise! trust me, mama..." he whispered the last part before holding onto her hand tightly.

ʬʬ﹢﹐﹒