Frost ✨

Winter Steve Sabre, also problems with the weather but yeah that's the main plot point, anyways into the AU-

-That is all Veld wrote. That's even less then the colourblind AU. We are so thankful they wrote some more down not on Wattpad because this AU is actually really cool to us. All of it is being re-written though.-

Okay so pretty much, after Dream Steve's death, you know how it started to snow? Well that snowstorm never ended. In fact it just got worse, and spread out more. Two generations later, and everywhere is a snowy "wonderland". It stops snowing outside of the snowy mountain range where Dream died every now and again, but a lot of the time there is at least some light snow falling.

Pretty much all of the Steves are struggling. Red Steves aren't as much though, having any sort of fire powers really comes in handy in this AU lol.

Okay so pretty much Red and Orange know about Winter Steves as they come up in the prophecy for this AU. I don't have one made right now, but it'd be along the lines of something about like a "Slice of winter (Winter Steve)" stuck in Ice will help find the "heart of a frozen creator (Dream/Heart of Winter)" and summon them to end the never-ending storm.

Red did more research on old Steve types and found Winter Steves, and made the connection between "Slice of winter" and Winter Steves.

So Red and Orange set off to go to the snowy plains/mountains in hopes of finding a Winter Steve to help them go look for the Heart of Winter.

Sabre time lets go!!

Okay, so Sabre is actually the Winter Apprentice we meet in SL in this AU. The Winter Steves, in a desperate attempt to preserve at least one of their kind, put him on/in ice the same way they put their Leader in ice when he got dreaded. Effectively stopping all of his bodily functions, and ageing. Sabre/Winter App. was then hidden in a cave, not to far from the village. While a couple of Winter Steves survived Void's genocide, all Winter Steves minus Sabre are dead in RQ times.

Eventually Red and Orange stumble across the cave with Sabre inside, still in stasis in the ice. Red Steve slowly melts it after a bit of conversing with Orange about how to go around talking with the Winter Steve (Sabre) and such. Once Sabre is out of the ice, it does take him quite a bit to wake up.

This is mainly due to how long he was on ice for, his body needed a bit of time unconscious to catch everything up, plus his heart was barely beating (When things hibernate, their heartrate slows, and I figured it would be the same for Winter Steves on ice.) when he was removed from the ice.

When Orange goes to support his body so that he doesn't just fall out of the ice, he nearly drops him as Winter Steve's body temperatures sit in the negatives to keep them alive. Orange just ends up wrapping a bunch of blankets they brought with them (Keep warm and such) around his hands/arms so that he could somewhat touch Sabre lol.

Once Sabre is fully removed from the ice, they put down some blankets on the floor as a makeshift sort of bed and lay Sabre on it until he wakes up. The cave their in is relatively big so they put Sabre in one corner, and started a fire in the opposite corner to keep themselves warm, keeping an eye on Sabre the whole time. (Red had read about the Winter Steves melting habits lol.)