Breakout Star

It was a nice day at the farm. The Plantars and Y/n were all playing a card game as Y/n because Anne kept blasting cheesy boy-band music all day. Hop-pop hummed in thought as he looked at his card intently. "Hmm. Got any threes?" Hop-pop asked Polly.

"I ain't telling you nothing, old man" Polly jeers.

"I think that's the whole point of the game." Y/n deadpans.

From the basement, footsteps are heard as Anne kicks open the basement door and emerges yelling with pimples on her face which makes Sprig scream with her.

"IS SOMEONE DEAD?!!!" Hop-pop yells.

"WHY ARE WE YELLING!?" Polly said screaming.

"Ooh, that's gross." Y/n grimaces.

"Just... look" Anne mutters as she showed them the pimples on her face.

The frogs gasps at this. Sprig said as They all pulled out sharp weapons.

"We have to quarantine her!"

"Don't struggle, Anne."

"Did you all had those then entire time?..."

"What? No, guys, it's not a disease. These are pimples. It's just a human thing." Anne explains as the frogs dropped their weapons and went back to normal. "Oh. False alarm, everyone. Just a human thing."

"okay" Sprig sighs in relief.

" Everybody already treats us like monsters. This is just gonna make it ten times worse." Anne groans as she looked at her pimples in the reflection of a spoon.

"Ah, come on. No one treats you like a monster, Anne." Sprig says reassuringly."

"Are you kidding? We can't even go outside without making a scene." Y/n groans packing up the cards.

Flashback

Anne and Y/n were walking through town enjoying some fresh air when the frogs around them looked at them and gasps. "Ah! their hideous." A male frog said before running away. "Look away, Teddy. Look away." A mother said who was strolling her baby covered him up and sped walked. Two frogs that were talking saw them and just jumps away screaming. "Ah poop.." Anne mumbles as the two slumped with a sadden face.

■■■

"Okay, fair point, fair point. But who cares what they think? We like you two." Sprig says as he gave her cutesy eyes and blinks at her.

" Uh-huh. I'm going to go hide in the basement until this clears up." She gestures to her pimples with a frown.

"Don't listen to them Anne, you shouldn't feel ashamed for a natural occurrence." Y/n says as she idly shuffles the cards.

"Hey, why don't you have those pimple thingys Y/n?" Sprig looked to her face curiously.

"Oh, me? I had my breakout a long time ago. It happened during my first season of baseball. Let's just say I wore that helmet everywhere I went." She explains as Sprig nods but was ultimately confused.