Chapter 2

Tiny flattened his ears as Bluestar's face was only a few inches away from his. He tried to back away, but he was frozen in fear. Next to him, Rusty tensed.

"Well?" hisses the blue-gray she-cat. Both Lionheart and Rosetail stayed silent as they towered over the two half-brothers. Lavenderpaw was mouthing something he couldn't interpret, and next to her Graypaw had a look of anxiety.

"We are no threat to your clan...err... ma'am?" says Tiny, bowing politely, still shaking.

Bluestar hissed, clearly still angry.

"You threaten us when you hunt in our territory." yowled Bluestar, eyes blazing. "You both have plenty of food given to you by your Twolegs. You hunt for sport. We hunt to survive. "

Tiny winced. He hadn't thought about that. And by the look on his face, Rusty hadn't thought about it either.

"I had not thought of it that way before. I am sorry," Rusty meowed solemnly.

"Yes, we will not hunt here again." Tiny added quickly

Bluestar let her hackles fall and signaled to Lionheart to step back.

"You are unusual kittypets, Rusty, Tiny," she meowed.

Tiny tilted his head in confusion.

How did she know our names? Did she overhear us talking to Lavenderpaw?

Curiosity rushed through him, and he couldn't help to ask these cats a few questions.