CH: 20

Valentina

" aye valentina you want to do something today?" I suddenly heard from behind me. I leaned to the side in my mirror, and looked behind me from the mirror reflection to see a very handsome man looking back at me.

I smiled.

" yeah I'm down cutie. What were you thinking?" I asked to him. " I was thinking maybe I can take you on a date, maybe eat than catch a movie than go get some ice cream?" He said with a smile.

I couldn't help but blush at the thought of him. " I would love to go on a date with you fanum, I just need to do my make up and get dressed. Have you talked to Duke or Aaliyah today?" I asked him as I searched for my mini make up bag.

" yeah I did actually, so Duke told me that he was going to take Aalyiah out to some buildings to check out and see if she likes any of them to start up her business again" fanum called to me walking into the room I was and sitting on the bed.

" oh really? That's so sweet of him, I know that helps take some stress of Aalyiah, man I haven't seen her this stressed in a long time. I'm thankful for duke" I said warmly.

" oh yeah, can I tell you something. But it gotta stay between us cause I don't know what Dukes been up to. But I had a serious talk with him yesterday when everyone had gone to sleep and it was just us" Fanum said.

Bitch I stopped what I was doing so fast, because I had to clock the fuck in for what he was about to say. I turned and looked at him encouraging to continue.

" I was talking to Duke about if he's serious with Aalyiah because I'm not going to cap, he has never ever EVER let a girl come to the 2nd house he has her staying at. He only brings girls here and even then it wasn't many... and I'm kind of shocked because he'd usually come up to us the boys and ask if bringing a girl to the 2nd house even worth it, but when he had asked her we didn't even know he was going to do that" he continued. I looked at him shocked because that just adds more tea that I need to analyze.

" fanum, you have noooo ideaaaaa" I said to him shaking my head. " wait- before you say anything he told me about what you said to him, and how y'all talked and he said that he really is going to have to sit with this and think about this because he again hasn't done this before" fanum ended. I shook my head.

" all I know is, if Duke fucking hurts her, I will punch him" I said whole heartedly. He chucked. " I don't play about that girl, that's my best friend and she deserves the world, I've been with her since she was like 11 or something and I'd be damned if something or someone hurts her" I said faithfully.

" can I ask you something?" Fanum suddenly asked. " yeah what's up?" I asked back to him as I put chapstick on. " why do you ride so hard for her? I know she's your friend but I never seen a girl be about her girl friend so tough. They usually fight constantly" fanum said as he got up from the bed and walked closer to me and stood behind me.

" because, the world hasn't been the nicest to her, and I feel like a lot of the stuff she's been through isn't fair. And I wish I can take the damage away from her because she is so sweet and she just wants to be loved" I said, " it makes me sad just knowing I can't be there to protect her All the time, and I honestly don't care if she doesn't care for me as much as I do for her because I grew up well; I had a mom and a dad around that loved me dearly, barely fought and if they did it was over who got more food than the other. I was the only sibling and I was spoiled all my life. So if it means risking someone not loving me to love someone, ima do it" I said as I closed up my make up bag after putting all my mascara and chapsticks away.

Hehe I have like 9 chapsticks that are on constant rotation.

" wow... you don't see a lot of girl friendships like that" he added. " because me and Aalyiah are different, we see the world the same and you don't see that often like you said, so I keep her close" I said as I began to get up off the floor.