The Party

"No, it's not — never mind," I groaned, my hand resting on my forehead as I lounge on a desk.

Why can't he just get this one simple spell?! Seriously?

"Come on, I need your help with — aaaaah!"

"What?" I sighed, sitting up and turning to face Draco who now had a white cat on his lap. "Oh, hey Jasper."

Jasper gave a throaty groan and stared at Malfoy with a skeptical look as if to say 'this isn't Harry, the heck is this snow ball?'.

"Draco, this is Jasper, my kitty. Jasper, this is Draco," I shrugged. Draco and the kitty kept their eyes on each other before Jasper nudged his face against his, when Jasper did so Draco gave a very girlish giggle.

"Sorry," he blushed, pulling Jasper into his arms and stroking his fur. "Hey guy." Jasper closed his eyes and continued to nudge his face against Draco's.

"All that's missing is a white ferret," I noted. "I can see the three musketeers right now, and you'd match with your whiteness." Draco shot me a look. "I see you're still annoyed with the ferret thing."

I draped my arm over his shoulder and nudged my cheek against his.

"I was humiliated in front of the whole school," he cried, still stroking Jasper's fur.

"Oh come on, it was funny. You made everyone laugh."

Draco didn't reply, he just moved his face against mine. After a few moments of silence he finally spoke. "The movement is up, down, and they have to be sharp."

"Thank you!" I bellowed, patting his messed up hair. My eyes traveled down his clad arm to his left hand, there was blood falling from his sleeve. Without warning him I took his left arm in a firm grip, and pushed it up slightly before Draco shoved his sleeve back down.

"Draco," I whispered, glancing down at Jasper, there was blood on his white fur, how did I not notice sooner? More importantly what has he been doing to himself . "What have you done to yourself?" He didn't respond "Please tell me," I begged, taking his left hand in mine and guiding it to my line of vision.I began to roll his sleeve up, but he began to viscously of jerk.

The cuts were deep, I glanced at his fingernails on his right hand where there was dry blood and flesh. He seems to be scratching his skin off.

"Pennelope, please let go," he demanded softly, still jerking his arm "Please don't question anything."

I let to of his arm, but didn't let go of him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest. My eyes closed as I felt him wrap one arm around me, the other out of my sight.

"Can I just question one thing," I whispered, feeling Draco nod, or was he shaking his head? Either way I asked, "why?"

"I can't tell you, but I'm under a lot of stress —"

"So you decide to harm yourself?" I cried, burying my head into his chest. "Please don't hurt yourself, I've told you I can help!"

"You'd understand if I told you —"

"Then tell me!" I demanded, pulling away.

"That's the thing, I can't." He argued, looking slightly annoyed.

"You're like that annoying friend who says 'I have a secret' to everyone, then when someone asked 'what is it?' They reply 'I told you, it's a secret!' Because I hate those people and when I get out of this school I will rid the world of them all. . . So tell me!"

"...I have to walk my fish." He said quickly, gripping my hands off his back and shoving them to my sides.

"You don't have a fish," I replied, rolling my eyes.