Chapter 3 - Pretty Eyes on Pretty Boy

-This chapter is the day after Julian got told off by his mother.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

You were awakened by the alarm of your old, crusty-musty clock. You didn't sleep much since your mother had screamed in your ears yesterday. You groaned when the bright sunshine attacked your eyes the moment you opened them. 

Without any energy, you stumbled off your bed with your back bending. 

'What time is it?' You thought as you checked your phone again.

"Sh*t!" You cursed immediately when your phone revealed the time: it was quarter past 8. You were already fifteen minutes late. 

---------------------

"Mister Maison, how dare you! You are late, very late!" Mrs Stewart was shouting at the top of her lungs, "Go to the detention room right after school!"

You were devastated, like most people, you hated detention more than anything. You had to sit on a seat where there would definitely be at least five disgusting chewing gums stuck on it. You had to be with the most dangerous gangsters that beat the hell out of you if you don't obey them and the worst of all, the room smelled like cigarettes mixed with dog waste. Ugh...

"B-but Mrs St-"

The woman dressed in her iconic red dress didn't waste a second to listen to you, she flung her arm towards the direction of your seat and pointed straight at it. Your classmates were giggling since this was the third time you were sent to detention in a month. You sighed in defeat before slumping into your chair like a disappointed puppy.

As usual, Mrs Stewart's lesson was boring and slow, you could basically hear several yawns each minute. 'Seriously, what's so interesting about people that died from the past?' You thought.

As soon as the bell rang, no one cared whatever Mrs Stewart was saying, they all went outside as if she was a ghost. Every time that happened, the lady's face would go red and would scream like a duck at the last person that walked outside the room. 

During break, you and Lilian, who was your best friend, bought a snack together. He was extremely worried when he saw your baggy eyes, his pouty lips barely made any smile that day. 

Lilian was the nerdy, quiet kind of student, always the teacher's pet, that probably was the reason your classmates wasn't quite fond of him. He came from Kenya and had an adorable little sister who never talked to you. You and him were different in many ways but managed to get along the second you invited him to join you at lunch at 7th grade.

As the excited boy began to brag about the brilliant places he went during the summer holidays for the eleventh time (yes, he thought that'd cheer you up), you saw a glimpse of a familiar silhouette crowded by a bunch of fangirls. You weren't really bothered at first. However, when your eyes met his, realization caught you: one brown, one green, it was him.

"Wait, wait! Wait for me Mai-Mai, why are you walking so quickly?" Lilian was puzzled when you scuttled away.

How could you forget? The stranger you kissed went to your school!