Chapter 15: Training

As Brooke walked out into the yard I had no idea what I was about to see. She began with a snoody pay attention I'll only say this once there are three important things to remember when fighting upper level demons like the one we are after; One they don't fight fair, two they don't fight alone at least this one doesn't, and lastly never turn your back one if you do your certainty dead. Any questions before we begin she asked. She laughed when I raised my hand as if I was in school. She forced herself to stop laughing and said you don't have to raise your hand silly. I lowered my hand and asked how you know if demons are upper level or not? She said well in my experience upper level are more powerful and they are sometimes apart of a bigger picture. "What do you mean bigger picture?" I ask. She says, " Well by bigger picture I mean like a cult." I swallow hard and start to ask what that is when matt cuts me off by saying we will get into that later first thing first lesson one of training.

I want you watch first then it will be your turn. It starts of by saying it is almost impossible to fight an upper level demon in hand to hand combat but seeing as you don't know any fighting techniques we are starting you off with the basics sparing. I nodd as they square off. Normally I would be appauled at the fact that matt was about to spar with a girl. I Matt goes in low with a hard left aming for brookes stomach. She anticpates his move and jumped back. She then retaliates with a left jab but matt ducks quickly and then throws a strong upper cut that makes contact with her jaw. She spumbles back and wiped the blood from her mouth. She gives matt a look that says oh its on now and then it was like they was in a battle to the death. I even caught myself screaming things like look out and duck. They was going blow for blow for what seemed liked hours when mayy finally delivered a tackle move pinning Brooke's arms behind her head then said to Brooke truce? She nodded. The he looked at me and said, Miss Courtney come on down. I swallow hard and then walk up beside him. He turns to face me and says, "You ready?" I nodd then he comes after me swinging left hooks and right hooks. I walk back avoiding the punches then I come back with some what punches. He chuckles at my attempt the begins show me how to punch correctly. After a couple of tries I am successfully throwing correct punches. We continue to spar for another half hour and I can say I've learned to punch correctly and I must say it feels good. I'm excited to see what I will learn next. As we walk back in the house Matt brings us all in fresh lemonade and sandwiches. As we scarf down the snack we chat about what'd next for my training. Matt says, Well I will have you on my punching bag for a month or two while we search for the demon and to strengthen your blows then the final test is a surprise. I integected with a but I know where the demon is. The both looked at each other and began to telll them about my flyer I put up and the phone call I got. Matt said, Brooke and myself will check it out first thing tomorrow your not ready. I frown but I know he is right. I am no good to my brother if i get him or myself killled. Finally I look up and say if you see my brother tell him I love him and I'm coming for him.