Chapter 4:

Indigo

I stepped out of the shower, drying myself off before wrapping the towel around my waist. I sighed going over to the mirror to get ready, blow drying my hair  just before i put product in it. Today's the day.
My best friend is getting married, and his timer will come off.
He will live the life he deserves, like everyone else.
And i ? will officially be alone ...
And Lyric?
Well It's not like I could say that Lyric was some ally of mine or something, he was very quick to leave. Im sure he very much regretted taking care of me the other night, i mean why else would he disappear. He was annoyed by me the entire time anyhow, that was clear to see from the start.

Oh god, he better not be at this wedding, I cant remember if Micah invited Monica or not.
I think he did.
Hopefully, if he did invite her, that Lyric doesn't decide to tag along, i really didn't feel like seeing him today.
I don't know why but i just feel so fucking embarrassed.
Embarrassed at the fact that he had to take care of me , and babysit me.
More so , that i cried in front of him, forcing him to comfort me?

Ugh, how much more pathetic could i actually be at this fucking point.
That's it, I'm getting laid tonight. Or drunk.. or both. Both is good.
There's just no way around it, I'm freaking out way too much over some fucking hot straight guy.
I got dressed quickly, and looked into the mirror wearing my tux.

Jesus... okay. ..not bad.
If he does show up , he's gonna be in trouble.
I grabbed some extra product and slicked my hair over and back in a very 50s like fashion, nodding in approval as i put a single earring in on my left ear.
Yeah , I'm definitely going to get laid, I'll make sure of it.
I just need to get him out of my head first.

...

Later on after the sweet ceremony was finished, everyone headed outside for the reception, lights and candles aglow everywhere. I gave a short but sweet best man speech, totally making Micah cry, it was great. .and yeah, okay, i might have shed a tear or two myself. .
I had kept my head down trying not to make eye contact with Lyric yet. But i knew he was here..i just had to continue avoiding him, and everything would be fine.

Yeah, that plan didn't work..atleast not for very long.
I noticed Monica was headed straight for my table to sit down , wine in her hand and wearing a maroon colored dress, and one very dressed up Lyric slowly and nonchalantly following in suit, sitting down next to her, reluctantly.
Jesus.. was he bribed here or what?
Nice to see he's back in his egotistical seat again.

"Indigo! How are you? Your speech was so touching and cute! I teared up like a baby! I think lyric even shed a tear" she said elbowing him smiling, he didnt respond, as he looked the other way.
"Well okayyy then, Im gonna go get cake cause it looked Amazing.. I think it's a tres leches cake too, can i get you some?" She asked me smiling.
For siblings, they were the exact opposite of each other in every single freaking way possible.

I smiled "definitely , thank you, I appreciate it"
She gave me a thumbs up smiling, and hurried off.. probably glad to get away from the thick tension at the table.
Wonder why that was. .
I glanced at Lyric.
Can't even look at me directly after sneaking out the other night huh.. figures.

I sat back with  a glass of champagne in one hand, casually watching him, already annoyed by the site of him.
"You clean up nice" i said, taking a sip.
"Sure.You too" he said not paying much attention to me, he was watching people slow dance on the dance floor.
"Can't even look at me" I said staring at him.
He turned to look at me briefly,
"What?" He asked.
I sighed,
" look , I appreciate you helping me out the way you did , but nothing happened that night..so you can stop being so rude and defensive about it"