THE UNSENT PROJECT.

The rain had been relentless for days, a steady curtain of grey hues that filled the city's skyline and blurred the lines between sky and earth

The rain had been relentless for days, a steady curtain of grey hues that filled the city's skyline and blurred the lines between sky and earth. Tonight would be one of those endless stormy nights in which (y/n) sat on her bed, by the window; watching the rain relentlessly hammer against the glass. She had been restless lately, unable to shake of thoughts of her recent reconnections with Nagi, the boy she had once loved with a passion that now seemed almost otherworldly.

Their reunion had been serendipitous, a re-encounter by chance in a crowded website among many on the digital verse, a website which rekindled many thoughts and feelings that she thought she'd left behind. Despite the renewed connection, there had been an invisible barrier, one that was not meant for either person to pass. It lingered like the storm outside.

As (y/n) stared at the website which had brought many unexpected and eventful conversations, a notification from an unknown number reads:
"I'm outside your apartment, will you let me in?"

Her heart skips a beat as she recites the digits of the number, almost as if it were a prayer. This number was much too familiar to be forgotten; this was the number of her past lovers.

(y/n) darts to the door, flinging it open to be met with a torrent of rain, and Nagi. He stood there, drenched to the bone. His hair was plastered to his forehead, and his clothes stuck to him like a second skin. His eyes, however, were warm and full of a love that even made the storm look dull. "Nagi!" (y/n) exclaimed, her voice catching in her throat. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't wait any longer," he said, his voice nearly being lost to he roar of the rain. "You said you'd let me in, even if it was pouring outside." (refer to chap. 07)

Without waiting for an invitation, he stepped inside, shaking the rain  from his jacket. (y/n) quickly grabs a towel from the hallway and began to help him dry off, her fingers brushing against his skin in a way that sent shivers down both their spines. The warmth of his presence filled the space, pushing back the chill of the storm.

They stood facing each other in the dimly lit hallway, the rain still beating a relentless rhythm against the windows. Nagi reached out and gently holds (y/n's) hands in his, his eyes searching hers for something that had always been there but had felt so distant for so long.

(y/n's) eyes welled up with tears, her heart swelling with a mix of relief and anxiety. "I've missed you so much," she whispered, her voice trembling. "I've been waiting for this moment, for us to finally be together again." Nagi leans in, pressing his forehead against hers. "We don't have to have all the answers right now," he said. "Let's just be here, in this moment, and take it one step at a time."
As if on cue, the rain began to lighten, the pounding on the windows turning into a gentle patter. (y/n) took Nagi's hand, leading him into the living room where the soft glow of the lamps cast a cozy light on their surroundings. They settled onto the couch, wrapped in a blanket of warmth and familiarity.

The storm outside was a distant memory now, replaced by the quiet comfort of being together.
They talked and laughed, shared stories of their time apart, and slowly began to bridge the gap that had once seemed so wide. It was a night of rediscovery, of falling in love all over again with the person who had never truly left their heart.

As the clock ticked past midnight, the rain finally stopped, leaving behind a fresh, clean world.
Nagi and (y/n) sat together, their fingers intertwined, their hearts in sync. The past was still there, a part of their story, but it no longer held them back. As they watched the first glimmers of dawn break through the clouds, they knew that whatever came next, they would face it together. The storm had passed, and with it came a promise of a new beginning.

~

a/n: finally overrruuhhh thank u for reads and votes ! no kiss scene for u guys ha ha. 😂😂😂😂 tbh i'm sorry if the ending was rushed LOL i took a small break and came back w no motivation 🤗🤗 how fun, also, any characters u would want to see in a future book?