Prologue

Hi. As a greeting to you all who are reading this, I just want to say thank you for taking the time to check out my story ;)
This takes place about maybe 40 to 50 years after the famous Titan War, and my previous stories are strongly related to this one.

 Thank you :)
Good luck.

-Olo Eopia

Shadow's Code

-----------------------------------------

~ Prologue ~

-----------------------------------------

Death. The final wake up call.

The irony of the statement amused the boy who lay prostrated on the cold, stony floor. He didn't need to strain his vision to see the pool of vermillion red blood spreading slowly across the ground. He felt the blood leave the very wounds of his skin, and his body chilled with every moment that passed.

The thunder crackled, and the cacophony resonated throughout the dark room. It was a damp, moist environment, only because of the storm that was raging outside.

But that was all he could see. The high ceiling felt endless.

"Why do you just keep losing?" Another voice interrupted. It was Him. Whether He can be described as a mere man with a lust for blood, or a man who yearned uncontrollably for the grasp of power, the boy did not know. What the boy did know, though, was that He was someone worth being afraid of.

The boy wasn't in a state of being reposed, but rather a chill continuously ran down his spine. He was losing, and he knew it. A mat of cold sweat plastered his forehead. A knife lay scattered a few feet away from him.

A knife that had been his, now glistening with his own blood.

He didn't care where she was now.

Probably dead.

The boy's vision began to blur.

"You . . . You were always the one," The boy said, his voice cracked with pain. His side was burning as though someone had recently splashed a bucket full of acid on it. He clutched at the long gash on his left arm. Nevertheless, he gave the man a look filled with as much hatred he could muster.

He abhorred this man. The man who had earned an undying trust that had lasted for so many years, and broke it easily because of one simple choice that had been caused by his own greed.

The man who murdered his family

"It did always take you a long while to crack such a simple code, unlike my best friend," The man said dismissively. "Your tenderness was your very flaw. If you had joined me earlier, you would've been much more powerful, Shem."

"No," The boy spat. "You killed him. How could you?"

Shem could taste the blood in his mouth, serving as the sign of an endless struggle that had finally surrendered to defeat and misfortune.

Gray eyes met gray. It was a little unsettling how the man's eyes sparkled brighter than anything Shem had ever seen. How was that possible?

The older boy sighed, then waved his left hand in annoyance.

"You've become strong, but you would probably never be able to surpass me or the one you've come here to avenge." In the man's other hand, the long metal spear gleamed viciously. The boy on the floor closed his eyes as he looked away, trying to concentrate. He needed to think. To believe. "Farewell, brave knight."