Hijab Part 1

So we have been told the woman are oppressed on the media. That the way they dress is frankly, to cover up the wounds they get at home. How much of this is true and how many people believe this? 

Muslims_Why decided to do some research to see exactly that. We questioned about 50 people and majority of the people don't even know why they cover and don't think its oppression  if they choose to wear it. 

 But that's the point isn't? Do they choose to wear it? Or do they have to? What is the entire point of it anyway?

So Muslims_ Why decided to take the first step... We asked  Muslim women. Here are some replies that were quite interesting. 

"So exactly why do you cover? What is this that you wear?" 

"The covering on my head is called a Hijab. I wear it because my God told me to in his book. He said to wear it so I can be identified as a Muslim woman and I am proud to be a Muslim so I wear it. It protects me from being judged by my beauty. The covering some other women of Islam do, like the ones that cover the entire body- usually in black- is called an Abaya or Jilbab. It is also said in the Quran to draw the cloaks and that's a form of a cloak. The face covering is called a niqab. I'm not sure if that's obligated or not I am not a scholar. "

"Are you forced to wear the Hijab?" 

" No. In fact many of my family members don't like that I wear it. But I wear it its completely my choice. "

Another woman said,

"The Hijab is obligated on every Muslim woman. Those who don't wear it, its a choice they have made. Its between them and God. " 

"But what is the exact idea behind it? "

"Its to protect us from being raped."

"But so many people around the world get raped. Do you really think is it the matter of what she wears that decides that?" 

"No I mean, well in the Quran says that. In  Surat Nisa. Look, I'm no scholar but I know God asked me, and so I do it. That's all." 

Well. Lets look in this more together. Clearly we need a Scholar opinion now. Lets see that in the next Chapter.