• Chapter 02

As I drove down the road to the street I had hoped I would never have to return to I thought back to the letter I had received,

Dear Isabella,

It has been so long since we have talked, I apologize for the circumstances that it will be under.
If you would like to see your dear sister again, I do suggest that you meet with me in person.

I can give you my word that neither Niklaus nor I will harm your sister if you agree to come and have a conversation with the two of us.
But if you do not, I can not guarantee anyone's safety.
You know just as others that Niklaus' patience runs thin. I do hope that you consider talking to us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours truly, Elijah Mikaelson.

I had hoped to never return to this town after Katerina and I had faked our deaths in 1864.
But here I was, driving to meet the people I have been running from for 500 years.

As I passed the Mystic Falls sign, I regretted ever letting my sister leave France in the first place.
I drive closer and closer, my heart thumping with every second that goes by until I get to the town.
I don't stop there, knowing my priority is knowing my sister is okay.

I drive until I get to the address of the apartment building that Elijah had attached to the letter. It looked smaller than anywhere I would have expected Elijah and Niklaus to be staying.

Nonetheless, I walked up to the building, the door was locked so I opened it on my own. I started to walk up the stairs, scared for my life with every step.
Is my sister even alive? Have they tricked me into coming here?

I got to the door that was supposedly where they were staying. I knocked on the door as my heart thumped against my ribcage.