chapter 3

When I woke, I could smell bacon from downstairs, making me automatically jump up and head downstairs. Seeing nick standing there flipping bacon and pancakes in his work clothes was definitely a welcoming sight to see.

"Wow, smells great, I could really get used to this," I smile and sit down on the bar stool in the kitchen.

Nick smiles back and hands mea cup of coffee, seeing as he's always seen me have coffee in the mornings at Monroes during our stay there.

"Well, I know being in a new place can be a little, stressful, so I'm trying to make it easier on you," he finally finishes the food and places a plate in front of me, and sitting down himself.

"I appreciate it, and again, thank you for letting me stay here. I'm pretty sure monroe wants more time with Rosalie," I take a bite of the pancakes, letting out a content moan, making Nick slightly choke on his coffee.

"Are you alright?" I ask him.

"Uh, uhm yeah," he starts, before his phone starts blaring, making him look down and answering it," sorry, one second. Burkhart, yeah, alright I'll be there."

"Work?"

"Yeah, there's a body, I have to go, I'll see you later, I think Rosalie might need some help at the shop later if you wanna go over there?" He smiles at me again and heading out.

I finish eating before taking a shower and calling Rosalie, and she definitely needed help, I call a cab and Im there in no time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time skip

Rosalie and I were doing inventory in the back when we heard a bell go off in the front, seeing as I still didn't get it completely enough to do it myself yet, I went with Rose to help up front.

We both look up to see a redheaded woman standing there pacing and looking freaked out.

"Juliette?" Rosalie walks towards her slowly, looking back at me for a second before giving Juliette her attention.

"What did you give me?"

"Um.. I could, uh, show you the ingredients. What's the problem?" Rosalie walked around the counter to her.

"Are there supposed to be any side effects?" Juliette kept going.

I look between them confused. I mean.. I knew what they did to help Juliette, Nick, and Nick's Caption, but I wasn't sure what Juliette was here for.

"Well, that's always a possibility, what exactly are you feeling?"

"It's not really what I'm feeling so much as what I'm seeing and hearing... im sorry could we talk without.. you know.. this girl here? Who is she?" Juliette rushes out.

Rosalie looks at me before reaching for Juliettes hand.

"Actually, she knows everything, this is our friend Morgan," Rose explains, not telling her everything yet," back to what you said.. do you want to tell me about it?"

"Okay.. so it's not exactly a ghost, but when I look at it, it vanishes? So I'm just hoping it's all related to what you gave me.. because I don't particularly want to be going any crazier than I already am.."

Juliette looks down, looking like she's going to start crying, and I can't help but walk around the counter and pull her into a hug. She stiffens at first before returning it for a few minutes before we both pull apart to look at Rosalie.

"Maybe, we should go somewhere you're seeing these, ghosts?"

"Well.. it was mainly at Nick's, since it's not my house anymore.. I just felt a pull and I went there and I saw them there..." she trailed off," I'll ask Nick if we can get inside."