𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 ~ 𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

After Reader was safely brought to the infirmary they fell asleep and their wounds and injuries were treated.

(𝘔𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝)

As I watched them as they slept in the infirmary bed, all I could feel was guilt, it was my fault that they're here in the first place and its my fault they had got hurt.

Then I noticed that they were starting to wake up.

I stood at the edge of the bed, looking at them as they stretched and started to notice their surroundings, then their eyes landing on me.

Their expression changed from shocked to hurt.

I felt like the worst animatronic to ever exist on this planet.

(𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝)

As I looked at Moondrop, all I could feel was hurt and betrayed.

"𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦?" I thought to myself.

"Are you going to hurt me?" I asked him in a slightly scared tone.

I could see the guilt on his face, and then I saw something that shocked me.

Moondrop was crying I had never saw him cry before.

"Reader I'm so...so sorry, please forgive me." He said as his voice had faltered as he spoke.

I got out of the infirmary bed and walked over to him. The only noises being heard was my footsteps and Moondrop's sobbing.

Then I hugged him, "Moondrop it's okay I might not understand it, but I can you didn't mean to hurt me, I forgive you so there's no need to cry."

Moondrop hugged me back tightly, as he buried his face into my shoulder, I hummed a soft tone trying to soothe him.

(𝘔𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝)

As I slowly moved my head from their shoulder I looked at them in the eyes and smiled.

"Reader, are we still friends?" I asked them in a shaky tone, while slowly calming down.

"Of course we're still friends silly, I'd never stop being friends with you. " They said softly as they softly chuckled.

"You're too kind, I don't know how I got so lucky to be friends with someone like you." I said with a smile on my face.

"Do you trust me?" I asked with uncertainty in my tone.

"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵?" I thought to myself

"Of course I trust you Moondrop, just no more attacking me okay?" They said in a playful tone but also with a hint of seriousness as well.

"Okay, Reader" I said softly and smiled again as I looked into their eyes.