𝐢𝐢. moonlit secret

' ─── chapter 2 MOONLIT SECRET. '

"ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋᴇꜱᴛ ꜱʜᴀᴅᴏᴡꜱ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴘᴀʀᴋ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ."

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐆 Uk stood in the doorway, staring at the spot Yoon Seol had just been. 

The night air felt colder without her presence, and an unfamiliar sense of unease crept into his heart. He closed the door behind him and walked back into the room, glancing at the bandages and herbs he had hastily gathered for her. The faint smell of the medicinal herbs lingered in the air, reminding him of the brief but intense encounter.

"Who was she, really?" he murmured to himself, pacing the room. He had heard stories of dangerous mages and assassins roaming the land, some with powers that rivaled even the most skilled mages of Songrim. But none of those stories mentioned someone like her—someone who could be both deadly and beautiful in the same breath.

As Jang Uk pondered the encounter, a sharp knock came at the door. Startled, he quickly composed himself and opened it to find Master Lee standing outside.

"Master Lee," Jang Uk greeted, bowing respectfully. "What brings you here at this hour?"

Master Lee stepped inside; his expression serious. "I sensed a disturbance in the flow of energy around this place. It felt... familiar, but also different. What happened here, Uk?"

Jang Uk hesitated for a moment before explaining the encounter with Yoon Seol, describing her wound, her evasiveness, and the strange sense of danger that had lingered in the air.

Master Lee listened intently, his brow furrowing deeper with each word. When Jang Uk finished, the older man sighed and shook his head. "This woman you met... she is not just any wanderer. She may be connected to something far more dangerous than you realize."

"What do you mean, Master?" Jang Uk asked, feeling a knot form in his stomach.

"Do you recall the legend of the Shadow Assassin?" Master Lee asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Jang Uk's eyes widened. "The assassin who vanished without a trace after wiping out entire clans in a single night? But that was just a story to scare children."

"Perhaps," Master Lee said, "but legends often have roots in reality. The Shadow Assassin was said to be a woman of unparalleled skill, able to move through shadows as if they were her own. She was rumored to possess a power that could rival even the strongest mages. If the woman you met is connected to that legend, then you are dealing with someone who could bring untold chaos to our world."