𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 - 𝙳𝚘𝚘𝚖𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭,

𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬"

There was snow falling all over the small town, covering every square foot and making the place look as magical as it did when you had first arrived all those years ago. You spotted Jesse walking by himself just a few feet in front of you, so you hurried and made your way over to him. Without any idea of what to say to him once he looked at you, you tapped his shoulder and began walking next to him.

Your name fell from his mouth, and he seemed quite surprised to see you. "Hi, how have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you around in ages." You enthusiastically spoke to him, feeling a little nervous as well as excited to talk to your friend. "Yeah, too long. I've been swamped. You'd think they would go easy on me after becoming a father and all that, but I'm on patrol at least weekly, and they always find reasons to keep me working the rest of the week. How are you?" After he said that, you noticed the bags under his eyes, and the way the expression on his face seemed more than just tired. He looked numb.

"I'm alright, it's been a lot with," You wanted to continue, but stopped yourself once you realised how selfish your next words might be when you stood in front of a father who clearly had enough on his plate. "I know. I haven't seen her around or heard about her in ages. She keeps to herself a lot now, doesn't she?" He asked you, confirming to you that he was either lying to your face, or that something had happened between Dina and him. 

A break-up could've been the trigger. What else would explain Dina and Ellie hanging out without you? The brunette was probably just looking for a little bit of fun outside of all the chaos, you got that. You nodded, not really caring for the question. "Are you and Dina still okay?" You asked, changing the subject. You simply weren't able to keep it in any longer, you had to know.

Jesse let out a small sigh before he spoke up. "Well, I get JJ three days a week, sometimes less because of work. It's been rough to come home to a new and empty place, but with some decorating it'll hopefully feel more homey." He revealed, and you found yourself having trouble processing all this brand-new information. 

"Sorry, you what?" A frown made its way to your face, as you simply weren't able to keep this reaction to yourself. The way that it had seemed so dreadful coming from him, told you that the couple hadn't been together in a while. "We broke up four months ago, but I only moved out a month ago. It took a while to get the place ready. I thought Ellie would've told you about my new place by now." He seemed slightly confused by your reaction, and fully oblivious to the fact that you weren't even aware that Dina and him were over.