5| unwanted announcement

(not edited)

Ruhi's POV:

Tonight's the night. The big, glittering soirée where the Malhotras and Singhanias will proudly announce my upcoming engagement to Ayaansh. Oh joy. I should be ecstatic, right? But honestly, I'm anything but thrilled. I mean, who wouldn't be excited about being paired up with a guy who's as charming as a porcupine and as easy to deal with as a hurricane? But hey, it's all for the family and business, so let's just plaster on that smile and get through this.

I'm standing in front of the mirror, putting the final touches on my look, and if I have to admit one thing-I look absolutely stunning. I step back to take in the full effect. My dress is an exquisite deep blue, hugging my curves like it was tailor-made just for me-which, of course, it was. The neckline dips just low enough to be daring but not scandalous, and the soft, shimmery fabric flows elegantly to the floor. My hair's been styled to perfection, cascading in loose waves over my shoulders, and my makeup is on point-smoky eyes, a hint of blush, and lips painted in a shade that's just the right mix of daring and sophisticated.

"Damn, girl, you look incredible," I murmur to myself, smirking at my reflection. "All eyes are going to be on you tonight. Every guy in that room is going to be wishing he was the one sliding that ring on your finger."

I do a little twirl, watching as the dress flares out around me. Yep, there's no denying it-I'm a total knockout. If I'm going to be paraded around like a prize, I might as well look the part. Ayaansh better be ready for the attention, because I'm going to steal the show tonight.

If I have to go through this charade, I'm going to do it with style. I might not be thrilled about this engagement, but I'll be damned if I don't make every single person in that room remember just how fabulous I am.

                    (Ruhi's dress)

The moment I step out of the car and onto the red carpet leading into the venue, I can feel the eyes on me

The moment I step out of the car and onto the red carpet leading into the venue, I can feel the eyes on me. Good. Just as I planned. My heels click against the polished marble floor as I make my way inside, the grand chandeliers casting a warm glow over the sea of designer gowns and tailored suits. The party is in full swing, with the sound of polite laughter and clinking glasses filling the air.

I spot Anaya and Kiara across the room, both looking stunning, of course. Anaya's in a sleek black number that hugs her figure like a glove, and Kiara's opted for a bold red dress that perfectly complements her fiery personality. The three of us gravitate toward each other like magnets, our smiles widening as we take in each other's looks.

"Look at you, Ruhi! Absolutely killing it tonight," Anaya says, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "I swear, if anyone else looks half as good as you, it'll be a miracle."

Kiara smirks, giving me a once-over. "Forget miracles. Ruhi's out here making everyone else look like they got dressed in the dark. You, my dear, are the definition of goals."