Chapter 4

-Zane's Perspective:

I sat there, drinking and watching Diamond work. She is so beautiful, so sweet. I can't seem to take my eyes off of her. But I do it just so that I can talk to the guys. She comes up every now and then to refill our drinks. We exchange smiles and I see her eyes have grown to be more pink every time she looks at me. Pink, like that of a calf's nose. 'What do her eye colors mean?' I sit there wondering.

I talk with the guys when a female walks over and gets in my way of seeing Diamond. "Hey there cowboy. Mind buying me a drink or two?" I sigh and look up at her. She is barely wearing anything at all. "I'm not interested." I turn away from her and wave her off. She huffs and slams her hand on the table. "Not interested?! Are you kidding me?"

I let out a breath and look up at her as I stand up. I look over her to see Diamond watching. Her eye color has changed. They are red, as though showing anger. I look down at the female, "That is what I said. I'm not interested. Now you may be used to guys swooning all over you, but this redneck likes a woman that actually works and doesn't use her daddy's credit card for anything she wants. So, go back and sit over there and drink your fruity drinks. Because I don't want to deal with you." I wave her off again. She contorts her face to show anger and then storms away.

I look at Diamond and she seems to have calmed down. Just looking at her calms me down. I sit back down and take a swig of my drink. "You okay man?" My pack members look at me with concern. I nod, "Yeah I'm fine." I look up to see Diamond with a refill of our drinks. I give her a reassuring wink and then look at her beautiful crimson lips. I want to kiss her so bad. I finish my beer and she takes the empty bottles and glasses.

Last call soon comes and the guys and I walk out to our trucks. I wave at them as they drive off back to the pack house. I sit on the tailgate of mine, waiting for Diamond to walk out. I have so much to tell her. I look at my phone and before I know it, there she is. Walking out of the back of the bar. I stand up and begin walking over to her with a smile on my face.

Before I could really do anything, it disappears and becomes a sneer. Three men have begun to approach her. "Hey! What do we have here?" She turns toward them, "Can I help you?" "Help me? Yes you can! By giving us everything you got!" I walk toward them and I see her do a slight shake of her head. I stop but my wolf is telling me to protect her.

Next thing I know, her eyes are flashing red and she is morphing into her fox form. Only this time, it isn't adorable like she was in the bathroom. This time she is towering over the men. Something dark oozing and dripping from her mouth. She has multiple tails instead of the one.

She growls at them and roars out. "Maybe you should pick a different damsel next time. That is... If there is a next time." Her voice deep and demonic, but still having a hint of the sweet voice that was once there. Dark fiery wings spread that light her terrifying features. Like the fact that what is dripping from her maw, is blood. She swipes one of her large paws at them as they back away screaming and yelling at her in fear.

I begin to run toward her, "Get out of here and never come back!" She roars again, it pierces my eardrums. She morphs back to her human form. She looks at me and scurries into her truck. Her foot losing its catch. She finally manages to get in and drive off like a bat out of hell. I reach out for her truck as I stop running. I pant as I stand there, dumbfounded.

I look over to the pools of blood. I run to my truck grabbing a clean rag and running to it. I soak the rag in the blood and place it into a bag. I walk back to my truck and drive home. I think about her and how scared she looked after seeing me when she turned to normal. I sigh as I turn on the radio, getting lost in my thoughts.

I get home and I grab the bag that the blood soaked rag is in. I walk over to the pack hospital. I walk in and talk to one of the doctors. "I need your help with something." We go into his office where he closes and locks the door. "What can I help you with Alpha?"

I show him the rag, "I need you to identify this blood. Keep it on the down low. I don't need anyone to know about this. Am I clear?" He nods and takes the rag. He takes it to one of the testing rooms. I walk out and go to my house. I go to my bedroom and wash my hands and face. When I walk out of my bathroom I see Diamond standing at the foot of the bed in her small, adorable fox form.

"Diamond?" I look at her in awe. She doesn't look at me at all. I grab a shirt and pull it on real quick. I slowly walk up to her and kneel down in front of her. "Are you really here?" I ask hesitantly wanting to touch her but not wanting to be disappointed.