Chapter 5

-Diamond's Perspective:

I teleport into Zane's room and stand there in my fox form. I twiddle my thumbs as I wait for him to finish in the bathroom. When he finally walks out, I turn my head away from him. "Diamond?" He sees me. I don't look at him as I hear the sound of an item of clothing rustling around. Soon I hear his footsteps approaching me. "Are you really here?"

"I... I just wanted to say sorry..." Tears threaten to pour out and they sting my eyes. "Sorry for what?" I finally look at him only to see that he is kneeling in front of me his body so close to mine that I feel his warmth radiating through the tips of my fur. His eyes watching me, only showing compassion.

I take a deep breath and wrap my arms around his neck, burying my face into his neck. "I'm sorry for what happened in the parking lot. I was scared and..." His arms wrap tightly around my body, pulling me close and holding me to him. "I didn't want you to get hurt..."

I cry into his neck as he holds me tightly. He picks me up and sits me on his bed. "I was scared too." He pulls away and wipes my cheeks with his thumbs. "You? You're a lycan, what could you possibly have been scared of?" I look up at him as he places his forehead against mine. "I was scared for your safety Dia." I sniffle as I try to wipe my tears again.

"Me? But I'm nothing special! I'm not important in any sort of way. I'm just some genetic weapon that never should have been created..." I sigh and lower my head, my ears and tail following. I feel his finger under my chin as he lifts my head up to meet his eyes. "That's not what you are to me at all." He places a soft kiss on my cheek.

"And I don't think Gauge and Obake would agree with that either. You are a great mother to them. And to me... Well you are so much more than a genetic weapon to me." He says his eyes locked onto mine. I softly place my small paw on his cheek. "Thank you Zane... I'm still sorry you had to see that side of me. It's an unfortunate side of me..."

"Dia, it's fine. I'm glad that you are safe." Zane softly picks me up and gets on his bed, holding me in one of his strong arms. I blush as he lays me down so that my head is on one of the pillows as he hovers over my dainty looking body. "Z-Zane...? What are you doing?" I ask, my heart pounding in my chest, my breath caught in my throat, and his every touch sending waves of electricity through my small frame.

His face is so close to my snout that if either of us move, he and I will kiss. My body trembles slightly in anticipation for what is about to happen. Next thing I know, he is shifting to his wolf form and softly licks my snout and cheek. "You taste delicious." I softly wrap my small arms around his large, broad neck.

I gasp as he softly nibbles on my neck. "E-easy Zane..." I say as I try to close off my neck from him. He plants his lips against mine, kissing me passionately. I blush deeply, the blush almost showing through my black fur. I softly pull back, softly running my fingers through his fur.

"Zane... You are drunk... We shouldn't do this..." He softly whines, but nods. "I'm not drunk but can you at least stay here for the night?" I look at him and sigh as I slowly nod. "Just no funny business!" He chuckles and plants a kiss on my forehead. He turns back human and lays beside me. Holding me tightly, like his life depended upon me staying.

I snuggle up to him, softly rubbing his chest. "Umm... Zane... I... Can't... Breathe..." I softly push on his chest and he loosens his grip. I gasp and pant lightly, "Thank you..." I look up at him and he softly runs his hand over my fur. "Be careful. I don't want you to cut yourself." He looks at me with a confused look on his face. "My fur has diamond fragments in it. They can leave small fine cuts." I explain, softly giving his cheek a kiss.

Zane smiles softly and holds me to him, under the covers. "Let's get some sleep Dia, you had a long night." He softly runs a hand through my hair and through the fur on my back. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, exhaling and relaxing in his strong arms. Something about him just makes me so calm, so relaxed. I fall asleep listening to his heart beat.