Chapter 1: Fresh Beginnings

The semester at Texas Southern University (TSU) had just begun, and the air buzzed with the excitement of a new academic year. Y/N and her friends Megan, Coco, Kehlani, and Zendaya were in their senior year, ready to tackle their final stretch before graduation. These five were inseparable, having grown up together and now sharing a spacious on-campus apartment, thanks to Y/N's mother, the Dean of TSU. Y/N's father, the top surgeon in Texas, ensured she never wanted for anything, but she still had dreams of her own—dreams that diverged sharply from her parents' expectations of a career in medicine or law.
Y/N was immensely talented, and alongside Megan, she had become quite the sensation on campus due to their rap and singing skills. Their other friends, equally talented in their own rights, made the perfect crew. Despite pursuing a degree in medicine to please her parents, Y/N's heart was set on a career in music. Balancing her ambitions and her parents' expectations weighed heavily on her, especially as she entered her final year.
It was during one of her classes that Y/N's world began to shift. The door to the classroom opened, and in walked Ms. Carey, their teacher for the year. The class was typical, filled with note-taking and the occasional joke shared among Y/N and her friends. As the day concluded, they headed back to their apartment to study, when Zendaya burst downstairs, practically tripping over her excitement.
"Guys, did you hear that Beyoncé might be attending an HBCU in Texas for one of her classes?" Zendaya exclaimed, her voice tinged with awe.
Y/N rolled her eyes, playing it cool. "That's just a rumor. There's no way Beyoncé would come to a college campus. If anything, she'd do her classes online."
"But that's just it," Zendaya persisted, "she is taking classes online, but there's one she has to attend in person."
"I wonder which school she'll pick," Megan mused aloud.
"It doesn't matter because if she comes here, the first thing I'm going to do is ask her to release those damn visuals," Coco quipped, earning a round of laughter from everyone.
Despite her outward nonchalance, Y/N's mind raced with possibilities. What if Beyoncé really did come to their school? She was, after all, the biggest Beyoncé fan, even if she tried to hide it. The next day, the campus buzzed with the rumor, the excitement palpable in every corner.
Classes proceeded as usual until Y/N's mother unexpectedly entered the room, followed by a woman who made the whole room gasp. It was Beyoncé. Megan fainted on the spot, but quickly recovered, her face flushed with excitement. Y/N, usually composed, found herself in a trance, staring at the superstar in disbelief.
"Attention, everyone," Y/N's mother began, "Beyoncé will be joining us for her Music Education degree. She wants to be treated like any other student, not as a celebrity. She appreciates your love and support but desires to feel normal during her time here."
Everyone nodded in agreement, though Coco couldn't resist mentioning the visuals again, causing the room to erupt in laughter, Beyoncé included. The class resumed, and to Y/N's surprise, Beyoncé took the seat right next to her.
"Y/N," her mother called out, "I want you and your friends to show Beyoncé around and help her get settled. She'll be staying with you all in your apartment."
Y/N's eyes widened in shock. She wanted to protest but knew it would be futile. Beyoncé sensed the tension but chose to ignore it, understanding that Y/N's demeanor was a front. She was genuinely excited to be there and eager to start her educational journey.
As the semester unfolded, the dynamics between Y/N and Beyoncé promised to be interesting. Would Y/N's admiration for Beyoncé transform into something more? Why was Y/N initially distant despite being a huge fan?