Chapter 7

CHAEWON'S POV

I was left stunned as Yunjin shoved all these accusations down my throat. I wanted her to hear me out and explain why I acted so coldly towards her last week, but she didn't give me a choice. She raced outside in a hurry because she didn't want to hear me, and I was almost running after her when the woman she came with stopped me.

She wore a short jean skirt with a pink tank top, and her hair was cut to a blond buzz cut. Her peering, intimidating brown eyes had no effect on me. I'm much worse with my gaze.

"Let her be alone for now. She needs to cool down. But I swear to God, if you only played with her, I'll fight with you." She seethed and turned on her hill outside.

Sakura immediately ran to me, asking what happened, but I was too furious to even utter a word. I hate it when someone tells me what to do.

After a few minutes, I paid for the coffee, and we headed to the parking lot. I began to drive to the college campus when Sakura started to talk.

"Who was that girl?"

I gripped the steering wheel tighter and glanced at her. I had no mood for chit-chats, let alone talking about Yunjin.

"Gosh, Chaewon, talk to me. How long do we know each other?" She demanded an answer.

I sighed and reluctantly replied, "Ten years."

"Exactly, so why are you now trying to keep that girl a secret from me?"

I honked at the car before me and heard how Sakura sighed. I'm not the type of person who can easily open up to people, but Sakura has been there for me since we were seventeen. She knows me too well for my liking.

"Spill it out, Kim. I know you want to." She nudged my shoulder, and my lips turned into a thin line. She does this every time I'm driving.

"Alright, alright, but can you stop touching me? I don't want to cause an accident." I turned to her with a fake smile and quickly dropped it.

We came to a traffic light, and while I waited for it to turn green, I thought about the best way to admit to my friend that I had something with my student. All the emotions flooded through me, and I had no clue if what I did was wrong.

"I agreed to my last tutoring session and met this woman, whom I found so interesting for the first time that my eyes landed on her. I never felt attracted to one of my students, and I never thought I would, especially since it was my last tutoring." I said, and the light turned green. I stepped on the accelerator and turned left.

"Did something happen between you two?" Sakura asked.

I cleared my throat and said, "Yes, something happened between us, and I fucked it up entirely." I confessed.

"Then tell me what happened. How did you fucked it up?"

"Well, a week ago, we met for the last three times, and I really wanted to continue to get to know each other, but right before our last meeting, I did some research on my future students and realized Yunjin would be one of them." I rubbed my forehead.

The week before that, I had to attend interviews about the free position as a history professor. I was happy; I finally found a good job, and I could once and for all stop tutoring and be a real professor.

But when I did a quick search about my class and saw Yunjin's name, I shattered. I slept with my future student, and that could ruin me if someone found out about it. That's why I was so distant with Yunjin last week. I haven't known her for too long to know who she will tell. We slept together, and I know it's my fault because of my unprofessionalism, but I truly couldn't resist her.

Sakura's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, Chaewon, that's a very serious matter. What will happen when she finds out that you're her new professor, and because she's mad at you now, she will take her revenge on you?" Sakura worried.

I parked in the free space in the campus parking lot and took a deep breath. My career could be ruined, but she was worth the taste.

I shook my head and recalled how angry she was with me. She won't let me touch her again, and her presence will eat me alive if I don't do something about it.

"Sakura, I'm aware of that, but Yunjin isn't such a person. I will talk to her after our first lecture since she doesn't want to hear me out now." I said.

"You know, when you said something happened between you two, I was surprised. Isn't this your second relationship?" Sakura suddenly changed the topic.

And she was right. I only dated one girl back in college, but we weren't together for too long. She moved away after we graduated, and we went on different paths.

After that, I was scared to be with someone else. The fear of losing the one you love is my greatest fear. So, I stayed single and focused on my career. And everything has gone well so far until now.

"I was surprised myself, Sakura. I never had the desire to truly date someone. I went on a few dates, you know that, but I never felt such a strong connection or attraction." I said, staring into nowhere.

"So, what're you going to do now? Let her go, or try to be with her, even though next week she's going to be your student." Sakura asked, and I turned my gaze at her.

Her brow was arched, and a mischievous smirk appeared on her face.

I rolled my eyes and gently smacked her against the shoulder.

"Aren't I too old for her? I'm turning twenty-eight in a few months." I said quietly, just thinking about my age. I don't feel old, but for some people, I am.

"Chaewon!" Sakura smacked me so hard that I hit the steering wheel. "I'm twenty-nine. Are you saying I'm old?" Her eyebrows hit her hairline, and I began to laugh.

"Of course not. You haven't looked better than now." I grinned at her and opened the door.

When we both came out of the car and I locked it, we parted ways. Sakura began to work at the same college as me, so we had more time to meet up for coffee.

I moved to live near the campus, as it only took me five minutes to get there. The closer the work, the better.

I unlocked the door to my apartment and hopped right into the shower. I was all sweaty and hot. I hated warm seasons; I mostly preferred wearing hoodies or sweatshirts, but I can't wear that in this hot weather, can I?

As the cold water ran down my body, I deeply thought about Sakura's words.

'So, what're you going to do now? Let her go, or try to be with her, even though next week she's going to be your student.'

I know what she was trying to hint at, but she didn't say it out loud. That I shouldn't continue with this relationship.

But the thing is, my thirst and desire for Yunjin only intensified, and I had no plan of letting her go so easily, especially after I saw her laugh with someone else. Someone who wasn't me.

I need to taste her again, to feel her nipples against my lips, to feel her quiver under my touch.

I smashed my hands against the wall tiles and took a deep breath. The image of her naked body kept replaying in my head, and I got turned on.

The sooner I talk to her, the sooner I will have her again.