Chapter_18

"Just Numb"

Day 5

He-ra POV

I dialed her number.

Decided to call her.

I'm in the cafeteria to buy coffee.

"What?" She answered irritably.

It's already midnight so I'm worried.

"Where are you? I thought you'll be fast?" I don't want to sound needy but it came that way.

"Why? I thought I had no longer responsibility for you?" She said annoyed.

"I know, I'm, I'm sorry it's just gra.." I was about to tell you about what happened to grandpa but was interrupted.

When I heard a man's voice from the background calling her.

"Babe? Let's go to bed already."

The line became silent so I decided to break the silence.

"Ahh.. yeah.. I,I'm sorry to interrupt Brea." I said coldly and didn't wait for her answer.

I ended the call as I received another phone call.

It's Elly, I answered lazily thinking she'll just ask me to buy her food.

I shake my head.

"Hello Bunny? What food you-" I didn't finish my words when she cut me off.

"He-ra! Come! Its grandpa." I heard Elly called me on the top of her lungs so I ran as fast as I could to go back.

Before I can finally come closer I already heard grandpa's doctor.

"Time of death 1:01 am..."

I felt like the time slowed down as the words were still processing within me.

I felt numb..

Feeling my heart ripped out that for no reason I could barely breathe.

No it's not true right?

It's just a dream.. my grandpa is okay he'll wake up afterwards..

..Right?

But hearing the doctor again..

"I'm sorry Mrs Colastre... We did our best but his heart already stopped and we couldn't take it anymore.." The doctor said sadly then he excused his self.

My grandma fainted and my parents despite the heavy crying called the doctors to assist grandma.

In process

Looking at the hot coffee spelling out of my hand as I crumpled it.

I don't know what to feel ,It's just numb.

I take my phone with my trembled hands, again dialing her number.

"What do you really want He-ra? I'll go back later okay?" Brea shouted at me after answering the call.

I don't know if I'll be hurt or cry

"He's gone Brea, grandpa's gone..." I said and I can no longer take it anymore I burst out.

Saying that out loud made the realization sink in.

"What?! Oh my God! On my way He-ra, just stay there baby. I'm coming." She said crying already and trembling appear evident to her voice.

"No..No need for Brea. You're no longer needed here."

I said and ended the call.