REVELATION

Note: I'll finish this, it's almost there.

--

“You, who are you people?” Wasuke asked the person with chin-length white hair, featuring an irregular line of dark plum pink across the back of their head. The person looked Wasuke in the eye and bowed as a sign of respect.

“Pardon our intrusion, Wasuke-sama. We are friends of Yuji-sama,” the bob-cut-haired individual replied.

“For how long?” the old man raised an eyebrow and began organizing the food these people brought for his grandson.

“It’s… just recently,” the person answered hesitantly while trying to help the old man put the groceries away.

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m just acting out of courtesy for my grandson’s sake. If you’re done talking to him, you can leave. I appreciate the food and the visit. You might be a friend to my grandson, but that doesn’t mean you should act friendly around me. That brat is as kind as ever. Got it?” Wasuke said, staring at the person before letting out a sigh, scratching the back of his head, and sauntering toward the dining hall.

“Yes, I understand, Wasuke-sama,” the person bowed before Wasuke turned his back and proceeded to the dining hall.

--

“Hey…”

“Hmm…?”

“It’s awkward. You’re sitting like it’s a throne on that chair near my study table while holding the old memos written by my mother. You’re too comfortable and engrossed in those books,” Yuji said, mesmerized by Sukuna flipping through the written memos cautiously.

“You visit, and yet you’re too focused on those notes, hmpf,” Yuji mumbled under his blanket.

“I can hear your yapping, Yuji,” Sukuna said while continuing to read the memos written by Yuji’s late mother.

“This is great information about history. Who wrote this memo? I would like to have a replica,” Sukuna said, gently rummaging through the memos on Yuji’s study table.

“They’re from my mother. She loved researching history and even won an award for it, but I don’t have many memories of her. Mostly, Jii-chan raised me. He stood in for my mother and father. They left early in this world. So, if you ask me how she gathered it, I can’t give you much—”

Yuji suddenly held his head in pain. Sukuna looked his way and rushed to his aid.

“Didn’t know it’s starting this soon,” Sukuna muttered under his breath.

“Huh…?” Yuji faintly heard what Sukuna said, but he couldn’t comprehend it.

“Rest, Yuji. You need it,” Sukuna said while caressing Yuji’s head. Yuji felt a soothing sensation as the pain slowly faded away, and his consciousness began to slip. His eyelids grew heavy, everything became blurry, and he was slowly engulfed by darkness.

---

“Sukuna-sama, pardon my intrusion, but as per Wasuke-sama's request, we need to leave as soon as possible. It seems our presence is a bother to him,” Uraume said, bowing to Sukuna.

“Hmm, I see. As I expected, Yuji will come to realize everything soon enough. The time has come, Uraume. I think this is the last,” Sukuna replied, watching Yuji sleep soundly on his bed.

Uraume's eyes widened at their master's words. “I see. It seems like it is time to return after a thousand years living in this human realm. When will we depart, Sukuna-sama?” Uraume asked.