Chapter 7

𝐃𝐢𝐥 𝐩𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐨𝐢 𝐳𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐲

𝐊𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐚 𝐣𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢 𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐲

.
.
.
.
.

- Anubhav's cabin, Headquarters -

Anubhav sat at his desk, surrounded by stacks of files and papers demanding his attention. Despite the mess, his mind was elsewhere. He leaned back in his chair and sighed happily, looking at his phone.

His blinks were slow and deliberate, and he wore a soft smile as he looked at a photo of his lady love, whom he couldn't wait to meet. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice the approaching footsteps until a familiar cough interrupted him.

Startled, Anubhav quickly locked his phone and sat up straight, trying to look composed. He looked up to see the Commissioner standing by his desk with a devilish grin.

" Kya baat hai shreeman, aap kabse yun jhatka dene lage ? " Anubhav asked, trying to play it cool. The Commissioner chuckled at his attempt.

The Commissioner crossed his arms and leaned against Anubhav's desk, his eyes full of amusement and mischief, knowing he had caught Anubhav in a rare moment of distraction.

Commissioner ( in a singing tone ) : Aise bhole bankar hain baithe, jaise koi baat nahi...

Anubhav couldn't help but feel his cheeks warm up with a mix of embarrassment and amusement. He didn't often let his guard down, but today was different. As a negotiation specialist, he was usually good at confusing others, but not his friend.

Anubhav ( raising an eyebrow, pretending to be casual ) : Shreeman agar aapka humari ninda karna ho gaya ho toh aap hume batane ka kast karenge ki aap yaha kyun aaye hain?!

Commissioner : Kya yaar Anubhav, tumhe sach mein aisa lagta hai ki main yaha sirf tumhe chidhane aaya hun?

" Shat-pratishat! " Anubhav said casually, making the Commissioner sigh and slump his shoulders, his gaze falling on Anubhav's smartphone. Anubhav noticed his look and quickly put the phone in his pants pocket as the Commissioner raised a teasing hand.

Commissioner : Haan haan, chhupa lo apna phone bhai. Vaise bhi, always so serious and focused DSP aaj kuch jyada hi distracted the. Shayad kisi ki wajah se?

Ignoring the question, Anubhav got up from his chair, put on his cap, and said he had to inspect the police station. As he left the cabin, he felt his face heat up, his cheeks turning red after hearing another teasing remark.

Commissioner ( in a singing tone ) : Sabkuch najar aa raha hain, din hain yeh raat nahi...

As Anubhav walked out of his cabin, the Commissioner’s teasing words still echoed in his ears. He shook his head with a small smile. The Commissioner always knew how to get under his skin in a friendly way.

" Chalo , Anubhav Singh, ab apna dhyaan kendrit karo. Karya par dhyaan do aur in vichlanon ( distractions ) ko ek taraf rakho. ", Anubhav muttered to himself, as taking a deep breath, he adjusted his cap and squared his shoulders. It was time to shift gears and focus on his role as DSP.

Walking briskly down the hallway, his steps became more purposeful with each stride. He sharpened his mind, ready to tackle the tasks ahead. The police station inspection was crucial, and he had to ensure everything was in order.

Reaching the main entrance, Anubhav paused for a moment. He glanced at his reflection in the glass door, seeing a serious and determined expression staring back at him but he can sees the hint of pink of hue which makes him little flushed but he shakes his head little, composing himself.