Chapter 2.

Next day::

"Hey, sorry I forgot to call you back yesterday." I say into the phone as I grab my keys and walk out the front door. I don't mind locking up because Eli is downstairs and told him before to lock after I leave.

"Why?" I hear an angry tone but he clears his voice and changes his tone.

"Look, I'm sorry. Sarah came over an--" I started answering his question but he cut me off midsentence.

"Sarah? What did she say about me? Did you guys talk about how you're going to break up with me for some douche? I bet that's why you 'forgot' to call me back, whatever you can have some other guy to screw around!" He hung up on me before I could reply and I threw my phone in my bag. I honestly don't have time for this and I'm too occupied to care.

I open the car door and get in. I close the door and start the car while setting my purse on the passenger seat and turn the radio up and it plays 'It's a  beautiful day'.

"It's not much of a 'beautiful day..' I say at the radio and change the station. The song changes to 'Mayday Parade'. I turn the volume on high and drive down the road to my job. Yes, I have a job, I work at Barnes and Noble. It's great, besides some angry or crazy customers that come in, because most of the time it's quiet and a Starbucks is inside so on break, I go to Starbucks and leave and look around in the rest of the mall.

I'll be about 10-15 Minutes late today because Zoey didn't want me to leave so I had to wait for her to take a nap but It's my first time late, ever.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Hey Hailee." Johnson and Andrea come up to me as I help find a book on the computer a woman had asked for before.

"Hey. Is it just you two here?" I ask but I don't take my eyes off of the screen. The computer starts glitching so I use the next computer and I'm a little agrivated because I have to start over.

"No, Brice is at Lids across." I looked up because of the name he just said and it makes me cringe. Johnson points to the store across the hall to the store that has 'Lids' in blue letters on the top. I really hope he doesn't come in here because he might make a scene and I don't want to deal with him at all anymore, I'm tired.

"Oh. Well are you going to get something or not? Because we have a 'no loitering' policy." It came out harsh, and it is, but I was right. I'm just doing my job..
Wow I sound like a total bitch right now.

"Damn Hailee, what's your problem?" I hear Johnson say a little too loud to where some customers heard and turned to see what was going on. Johnson looks at Andrea who seems scared to say anything so she just looks back and forth between us.

"Um, well sorry Hailee. I was going to see if maybe you guys had a book I needed. It said it didn't have it on online but I don't know, did you guys get nore books yet?" She breaks the awkward silence and she tells me what book but on the computer, it has no record of it here. She thanks me for checking and they walk out holding hands. I know Johnson is mad at me.. and I feel bad for snapping the way I did.

As the two walk out, I see Bryce walking in. He pushed past Johnson and walks straight towards me. Crap.

"Hailee I'm sorry," He tries to grab my hand but I snatch it away. "Baby, I just can't help but feel like you would leave me." He looks at the ground and my walls come tumbling down.

"You know that I love you," I sigh and cup his face with my hands. "You should know that by now."

"Well obviously I don't, If you actually did, you wouldn't be all over Gilinsky! An that's wrong for you to be doing that when he's with Sarah, your 'bestfriend'? Damn slut." He started walking away as the last sentence trailed off in the other direction. Did he honestly just say that?