6. party

ARE YOU SERIOUS? isabella asked her best friend, not believing her at all.

"i swear." lexi said, pulling out her phone and showing her ashtrays page. and low and behold, user5670 had a highlight of his face, which was ashtrays.

"but how did he even find me? like i genuinely have never had a conversation nor saw him before yesterday?" isabella said, both irritation and confusion plastered on her face.

isabella hoped that after that awful interaction at the gas station that that would be the last time she saw, heard, and even thought about him. not because she didn't want to get to know him, but because she knew they were opposites. their looks, personalities, and goals in life would never correlate within 1000 years time. and getting close to someone like that scared isabella , because if she got close to him, she'd end up like him, and that was genuinely the last thing she wanted.

"maybe mutuals?" lexi said shrugging her shoulders, hoping to stop isabella from reading too deep into this.

"yeah i understand that but even if i saw him on my explore page, never in a million years would i LIKE his post? i don't know i just think that's weird, especially after how he treated me yesterday." isabella said shrugging.

"yeah that's true.. but guess what! he's not gonna be here tonight and you'll FINALLY be able to get your first kiss!!" lexi said, grabbing isabella's hand, leading her to the car filled with both drunk and high teenagers.

"yeahhh... totally haha." isabella replied, knowing there was no chance in this lifetime that she'd lose her first kiss at a high school halloween party.

"omg hey badddiee isssabellaaa" rue told isabella as soon as she sat down in the car, slurring her words.

"haha hi rue muah" isabella replied, kissing her cheek.

FIVE MINUTES INTO CAR RIDE.

all the girls were vibing to old drake, trying to get hype for the party. when rue decided to ask isabella a question that was surely on everyone's mind after seeing that like.

"hey are you and that little annnngery boy ash ttttalking?" rue asked.

"ashtray? no never." isabella said, awkwardly laughing.

"why notttttt? y'all would be cuteeeeee" rue said, squeezing the right side of isabella's cheek.

"phhh yeah right, he's rude i don't want my first boyfriend to be mad at the world for no reason." isabella said, hoping to be done with this topic.

"okay we're here!" maddy said, pulling up in front of a mini mansion.

before rue could reply to isabella, lexi and isa both got out the car as quickly as they got in.

THE TWO GIRLS WERE NOW WALKING IN THE PARTY HAND IN HAND. Although isabella felt confident the past 2 hours, seeing all the eyes on her and her best friend, her confidence was slowly disintegrating.

as isabella looked around, she saw more making out, lingerie as costumes, smoke and alcohol, rather than genuine conversation. although this scene wasn't her favorite place to be, seeing lexis smile as she spotted fez sitting down was the only thing that she needed to stay here.

"let's go get something to drink!" lexi said, pulling isa to the kitchen.

———————————

"hey can you pass me a water?" isabella asked lexi while leaning on the marble counter.

"yea- oh my god." lexi said, almost spilling the drink.

"what?" isabella said, immediately turning around, only to find fez and ashtray walking straight toward the kitchen.

quickly turning to her best friend , isabella said " yeah so ima go ... "

"too late." lexi said, turning her best friend around and grabbing her hand, only to find a high fez , and an even angrier ashtray.

"hey guys!" lexi said , not paying any mind to her best friend looking at ash with a rude face.

" yo lex , where cass at ? i got sum to give her. " fez said, blowing smoke to the left side of him.

"oh she should be outside .. " lexi replied, causing fez and ash to walk to the backyard , leaving a sad expression on lexi's face.

" why is it always her? " lexi asked, turning to her best friend hoping for reassurance.

"baby, i promise, even if it's not fez, you will find someone who likes you for you, not someone who wants your sister. i know that's not the best thing to hear, but you have other people who would KIL for someone like you. i mean we've only been here for 5 minutes and it looks like he wants to marry you." isabella says, her eyes peering to a tall brunette in the corner who is looking at lexi like she's his last meal.

"yeah i guess you're right.." lexi replied

"cmon let's go look for our friends!" isabella said, grabbing lexi's hand and taking them to the backyard, hoping to lift her spirits.

𝓍ℴ𝓍ℴ, nat!