Prologue

Sonny is at the Metro Court about to head towards the elevator when it opens and out walks Avery and Ava.

"Daddy!"

"Hey! There's my girl. I was just on my way up to see you. Ava. Where are you and mommy off to in such a hurry."

Avery looks at both of her parents before she replies back.

"Is something wrong? Am I in trouble?"

"No. No, sweetheart. You're not in any trouble. Mommy, on the other hand......."

Carly has been witnessing the entire thing. She takes a deep breath before she walks over.

"Hey, you guys. What's going on?"

Avery smiles and runs over to her.

"Mommy Carly!"

Carly kneels down to Avery's level.

"I've missed you. Hey, what do you say we go into the kitchen and we bake some chocolate chips brownies for daddy."

Avery looks at Carly and then back at her mom and dad.

"Can I, pretty please?"

Both parents smile at seeing her so excited.

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead."

Carly takes Avery with her into the kitchen while Ava and Sonny are both sitting at their table.

"So, I take it that you have something that you want to talk to me about. Here I am. Start talking."

Sonny gives her a smile before it quickly disappears as he pulls his chair closer to her as he leans in so as to whisper in her ear.

"I know that you were the one responsible for Kristina being so upset after your unwillingness to drop the subpoena and not have Scott call on her to testify at Avery's custody hearing. Dante told me everything. I pray that when Kristina wakes up from her coma that she identifies you as the person who pushed her to death. I swear, if anything happens to my daughter or that child that she is carrying you better pray that they survive because if they don't I'm going to come right back here and things are going to be very different. Do we understand each other, Ava?"

Ava does her best to stay calm as she slowly turns towards him and nods her head.

"We understand. You won't have to worry about anything. I'll do whatever you say just don't ban me from seeing our daughter."

Sonny's eyes turn dark and cold before he replies back.

"Ban you! I should ban you from seeing her. I mean, that's exactly what you were going to have the judge and jury do to me. Saying that I'm an unfit parent. Kristina was working on getting proof and you couldn't take that so you had to stop her anyway possible, right?"

Ava looks at Sonny as tears slowly start falling down her face.

"Sonny, I'm sorry. I'm so very very sorry for what happened to Kristina. The entire situation was my fault. I'm the one who is responsible for her going through my hotel room window and landing into the pool."

Sonny smiles at her.

"What's with the smile?"

Ava asks him as she wipes away her tears.

"I just got you on tape confessing to attempting to kill Kristina and the unborn baby."

Sonny replies back smiling at her as he plays back the tape for her.

Just then Dante and Anna walk over. Dante pulls out his handcuffs.

"Ava Jerome, you are under arrest for attempting murders of Kristina and her unborn child. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law. If you in an attorney one will be provided to you free of charge. Have you understood these rights as I have explained them to you?"

Ava looks at both Dante and Anna before she nods her head.

"Yes, I understand. Not so tight."

Anna glares at her.

"You are pure evil. You know that, don't you?"

Ava rolls her eyes.