Act 1 Chapter 2

John was sitting on a lawn chair outside his and Gutz tent as Gutz approached from the entrance to the encampment.
"Hey! Found a job for you" Gutz said happily.
"What's the job?" John's interest was peaked, it was better than sitting around doing nothing all day.
"Someone wants to hire you to clear out some baddies from the trading route that runs between here and the city of Elden" Gutz handed him money. "They paid in advance"
"Just what I like to see, alright, I'm off than, keep things underwraps here while im gone, yeah?" John stood up and Gutz took his place.
"You know I will" Gutz shooed him away, "Now go, don't got all day.
"Yeah yeah im going" he walked off heading towards the objective.
He exited the east side of the town to a paved road walking along the side of it watching for reckless drivers as he made his way. As he walked he came to a part of the road that was blocked off by some cops.
"Sorry young man, road is closed, got some hostile monsters that have taken over the road" one of the cops said.
John motioned to his weapons than spoke "I'm here to dispatch them, was hired to do so."
The cop looked him up and down before speaking "must be John than, alright, come on through. Be careful though, they are rather formidable" the cop warned him.
"Eh I'm not too worried about it" John walked past the cops and down to where the the monsters were, it was a small group of Goblins. "That's odd" John began speaking to himself "normally they don't do stuff like this considering they are easy to wipe out" he scratched his head "no matter" he drew his swords off his back and shouted. "Oi shit breaths, pack up or die" he asserted, he was hoping that this would be enough to get them gone but all it did was piss them off. "Fine" he sighed "hard way it is... At least I'll be able to cut loose and have fun with this since there arent any civis around" as they rushed him he lunged forward impaling one of them and tossing them aside. The Goblins grew increasingly aggressive at this and one of them threw a molotov, John barely side stepped it being caught off guard by the sudden molotov. "Well thats a new one" he chuckled, "let me show you my trick next" he lunged both swords held out, he slashed with both blades and one fluid motion connected them at the hilts creating one weapon and punching the Goblins with his now free hand and following it up with slashing with both ends in one fluid motion before making a power swing onr with each end and disconnecting the blades to make them two again. The Goblin hit the ground defeted and as John turned to the last one it ran off screaming in fear. "Not happening" John said as he threw one of the swords blade first impailing the Goblin. John walked over and pulled the sword out of the Goblin, "well, that was easier than expected" he sheathed the blades. He turned and began walking back towards the cops, he sighed trying to wrap his head around this sudden change. He thought up multiple theories from a single entity leading them now to recklessness or even they finally learned how to fight finally.
"The road is clear" John said as he walked past the cops and heading back towards the camp.
John arrives at the camp just around sunset with Gutz jumping up happily, "Welcome back! Glad to see you're safe!" Gutz smiled.
"What afraid you'd be lost without me?" John chuckled.
Gutz's face became flushed with a rose color, "what!? N-no!"
"Im only joking dont get too flustered now" John pat his head and sat across from him in the ground. "Though I am concerned with the recent uprise in strange events and increased monster aggression." John scratched his arm.
"I don't blame you man, at this rate the world itself might end" he let out a small laugh before trailing off. "Or a monster invasion of the town..." he grew uncomfortable with the idea.
"Well, we'll just have to see whats the cause than. We'll pay the professor a visit in the morning. For now im starving lets go grab a bite to eat" John stood up starting to walk off. "Was thinking that burger joint we been wanting to try for a while now."
Gutz quickly followed "hell yeah!" He shouted.