58. Hate Me

Got both feet on the edge,

Are you gonna save me?

I'll take one final step,

All you gotta do is make me

All of you guys were successfully out of the mirror, stranding by it as you all recapped the events that just unfolded right in front of you all, your eyebrows furrowed, everyone wallowing in the same puddle of frustration.

"Is- is everyone alright?" Deuce asked, holding his head with distress, his eyes scanning over the group, at his question, you looked down at your fiery cat, small relief blooming within you as you saw Grim doing much better, hopping out of your arms and onto your shoulder with a pouty face.

Jack nodded, "Yeah.. just still can't believe those guys are merfolk..." he murmured, you, on the other hand, suddenly thought about the twin's Merform a bit more, it tingled some random Hell nostalgia within you, some famous pair of skinny, teal green girls.. what was that about?

You shook it off and thought about it all, from that encounter, it'd be beyond stupid to try and dive back in, "Swimming that fast is reserved for major cowards.." Grim pouted harder, initiating an eye roll from you, a loud sighed was heard from Ace, rubbing his head, careful to not even graze the anemone on his head.

"...We need a better plan next time," you commented coolly, you took this loss better than everyone, Hell has taught you that nothing is as easy you'd think, especially in a deal, if someone gives you conditions, of course they'd make it hard to fulfill, Azul would do the same.

You slicked back your ruffled feathers, the weight of Grim on your shoulder reminded you of what's at stake, and now you were on your first day to win it back, Ramshackle is on the line, and so is everyone else.

"Yeah.. Ace and I can go talk to our self proclaimed, informant senior, Cater..." Deuce sighed, Jack nodded in appreciation, "We'll talk to Ruggie and Leona on what to do as well," you held your chin between your fingers, wanting to figure out what to do yourself as well.

After classes and personal hours that were filled by hobbies and clubs, you, Grim, and Jack managed to get to Leona and Ruggie before they both went to do.. whatever it is they do.

It was dinner in the Savanaclaw dorm, dinner was separated and sorted into plates for every resident inside of the rugged dorm, you, Grim, and Jack sat next to each other, sitting across from Leona and Ruggie, you held a straight, slightly irritated brow as you explained the events that unfolded today.

Ruggie and Leona kept relatively straight looks as you went off, cursing the eels as you do so, Jack minding his dinner as he agrees with every word you say. As your rant came to a close, Ruggie was first to speak, poking his dinner as he does.

"So you really just flew off to the coral sea?" Ruggie asked. You gave him a look. Ruggie poked his food harder.

Then Leona let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Not a thought behind those doll eyes hm?" He asked rhetorically, leaning back in his chair, taking another bite of his food, you frowned. Biting the inside of your cheek at their not very agreeing responses.

Grim was first to bite back, "Hey! You guys were the ones who were all 'tImE IS MOnEY'!" They mocked, imitating a comically deep voice, trying to be a rip off Leona, earning a twitching eyebrow from the lion male.

"Hmph, well, no one said anything about diving in like a dumbass," he snarled, deflecting Grim's insult, closing his eyes and taking a large bite of his steak, "When I said that, I was expecting you all to think of a plan, do you know what is?" Leona mocked, making your blood boil a tiny bit, stringing a frown onto your face.