Hopped off the Plane at L.A.X.

Today would be the first time in a long time that I would feel free. As I peered out the window of this claustrophobic plane, I could see palm trees and the bright blue pacific ocean in the distance. Today marks the beginning of the rest of my life, and I couldn't be happier.

When I stepped off the plane, I felt a feeling of relief, fear, and strangely sadness. I mean not that it was easy leaving my friends and my parents, but I was ready for a new chapter of my life to begin. A chapter of my life without divorce drama from my parents and constant worry from my friends about what they would do with the rest of their life after high school. I was tired of being pulled down by everyone else's problems, and figure out my own. Luckily for me, I had everything figured out...or so I thought.

"Oh my God!", I heard my cousin Madison shriek from the other end of the terminal. She practically sprinted towards me, then grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into a hug. When she backed away she examined me before saying, "Look at you, all grown up! I-is that, um, a nose ring?" she asked. Although Madi was only eight years older than me, she acted like my mother. Don't get me wrong, she has good intentions and I love her, but sometimes I just wish she was the cool older cousin rather than protective guardian. "Yeah," I replied, "It is". "That's an interesting look on you Brooke", she said. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

As we walked to the car we made smalltalk, the usual 'how was your day?' or 'nice weather huh?' didn't rank juicy enough for Madison. She was always one for gossip, so her version of "smalltalk" were usually questions that involved drama. It took her less than a minute after we pulled out of the LAX parking garage to ask, "So, do you have a boyfriend?". Did, I thought. I didn't want to get into the story so I just said, "Nope, no boyfriend for me." She gave me a look as if I was lying, but I just smirked and continued to gaze out of the window.

Cruising along the coastline brought back old memories of the many summers I spent in L.A. when I was younger. I went to the same camp every year, Camp Fernwood. It was a month long sleep away camp for girls ages ten to sixteen, and I went all six years I was eligible to. I had made so many friends there, one best friend in particular, Dilyn. She was gorgeous, tall, tan, and had the most beautiful curly blonde hair. Me on the other hand, I'm 5'6 with medium length brown hair, blue eyes, and freckles. I had wondered what Dilyn was doing nowadays, we haven't talked in over a year, but I learned from her Facebook that she did at least graduate from high school which was no surprise considering she's incredibly intelligent. She doesn't update her Facebook much, but then again neither do I.

As we pulled up to the driveway of Madi's beach house, I noticed another car parked there. "What in hell?" Madi said. "Why is the front door open?". She jumped out of the car, and suspiciously walked up the driveway, then poked her head in the entry way. She looked back at me, worried and whispered, "Brooke, get your phone out and be ready to call 911." We both entered her house and quietly examined the living room, then I turned into the kitchen. My eyes almost popped out of my head. "Oh my God," I said. "OH MY GOD!", "What? WHAT IS IT?!" Madi shouted from the living room. "Dilyn, i-it's Dilyn!" I screamed. I laughed and ran over to the other side of the kitchen where she was standing and we quickly gave each other a huge hug. "how did you even get in here?" I asked. "Oh, I have my ways" she replied. As we came out of the hug, I noticed Dilyn had become a few inches taller, probably around 5'9 now, and even more beautiful, which I thought was impossible. "So what have you been up to these days?" I asked. "Well, actually I just got a contract with a modeling agency" she said. "No way, thats amazing!". "Yeah, and what about you, miss college girl. I heard you're going to UCLA in the fall. That must be exciting! God, I wish I had the willpower to endure another four years of school" Dilyn said. I laughed and replied, "School isn't too bad, but modeling! Wow, that's a really hard industry to be in." She looked at me for a second then smiled. "Speaking of modeling, I was invited to this party tonight. Not to brag, but it's kinda V.I.P. Lots of celebrities will be there, you wanna come with?" she asked. My face lit up with excitement. "Um, hell yeah!"